PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is there really FREE "UNrooted" tethering/hotspot on Froyo as promised??

This is the same as windows mobile it had internet sharing and sprint blocked it to. All the carriers will block the free built in tether. Root and use the free wifi tether or pdanet or easytether if you don't want to root. Easy tether is cheaper than pda net works the same way. Both will work for free but no encrypted sites so if it takes a secure login like you bank no go with the free pdanet or easytether.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Sprint!! - TP2 Boost Mobile!
Carrier: Sprint - BOOST MOBILE

bigdinog is just getting started

I have not used the WIFI on the EVO. I just got it yesterday. It does have the ability to use it though. Will I incurr any charges if I do use it? I have not tried it since I do not want to incur charges. I have an unrooted 2.2 stock ROM. Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdinog View Post
I have not used the WIFI on the EVO. I just got it yesterday. It does have the ability to use it though. Will I incurr any charges if I do use it? I have not tried it since I do not want to incur charges. I have an unrooted 2.2 stock ROM. Thanks
WiFi and the wifi hotspot are two different things. WiFi is just connecting to a wireless network, such as at your house/hotel/restaurant/etc, which turns off your 3G radio as long as the wifi is connected. This will not incur any charges from Sprint. If you want to use the WiFi hotspot app, which turns your phone into a router, that will require you to call sprint and activate the service. If you try to use it without the service enabled, you will get an error when attempting to use it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G