PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to tell if your replacement is refurbished

What are the steps, what to look for. I got a replacement because of the cracking issue (was suppose to get a new one) but there is a sticker in the battery area that says Asurion re-manufactured.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How to tell if your replacement is refurbished

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
What are the steps, what to look for. I got a replacement because of the cracking issue (was suppose to get a new one) but there is a sticker in the battery area that says Asurion re-manufactured.

CW
##786# check usages and refurbishment data/date..
Old 07-16-2010, 01:30 PM
War is the answer!
Threadstarter

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
##786# check usages and refurbishment data/date..
the sticker says re-manufactured, all my counters say 0 and refurbishment date says not available but it's new?

CW

Last edited by WarChild; 07-16-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
the sticker says re-manufactured, all my counters say 0 and refurbishment date says not available but it's new?

CW
i just posted about this in a tp2 thread a week ago, sprint big wig (not phone rep) says the guts on most refurbs are new so go by sticker not ## method. ive got a tp2 i know was a refurb but listed using ## as "new" does that make sense or help?

Last edited by WarChild; 07-16-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:43 PM
War is the answer!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i just posted about this in a tp2 thread a week ago, sprint big wig (not phone rep) says the guts on most refurbs are new so go by sticker not ## method. ive got a tp2 i know was a refurb but listed using ## as "new" does that make sense or help?
Huh thats what I was thinking. The pone looks in new condition and is the 0003 with the good screen so I think Ill keep it. If I take the sticker off how would anyone know?

CW
Old 07-16-2010, 01:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Huh thats what I was thinking. The pone looks in new condition and is the 0003 with the good screen so I think Ill keep it. If I take the sticker off how would anyone know?

CW
thats actually what the post was about, he was selling the tp2 on ebay as new and its is if the sticker is gone. lol
only sprint(and you) know its a refurb.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine has not such sticker..
Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i thought Sprint puts refurbs in a plain box and new ones just come in their regular boxes? how did yours arrive? I've never returned a phone after the 30 day period, so I'm interested to know how sprint does it these days...

the sticker seems like a dead giveaway that it's a refurb. kind of sucks if they promised a new one, but if it looks and acts flawless i guess it doesnt matter.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

Got mine replaced due to the screen being lifted a bit at the corner. New box, no sticker, no call / data history. 003 rev. and guessing its the Epson screen since it looks slightly less crisp but without the tinge. The back cover is also very matte looking. I noticed that right off over the 002 I had. Power button is more tactile and screen seems less jumpy so far but on a frest install also of course soo....

Purchased new from RS outright. Great rep at that store and can't say enough good about the fellow.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

You cannot actually tell by physically looking at the phone...unless it has scratch marks and dings. Sprint does not put stickers saying refurbished on the units...instead they hard program the information into the phone. If I was to press ##778# in my phone dialer on my TP2 a list will come up, towards the bottom it will say build date, refurbished date, activation date and so on. By luck my refurbished phone I have now only had 1min 14sec of calls ever done on it...data was under 500k too. The physical look of the phone was perfect...so Im guessing even though it said it was refurbed, it was a phone that a person brought back to Sprint within the 30 days, and by law they have to put it in refurb status...I lucked out...but as of sometime today....I will be getting a brand new TP2 at the Sprint store...not a refurbished....atleast thats what the lady told me...she said I got you a brand new phone, not a refurbished....so crossing fingers....btw....if anyone is looking for a TP2....I will be selling mine the first week of August..brand new barly used....with new battery and all...msg me for price if interested.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G