PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10
Carrier: Sprint

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*2 network busy on 1 of my Evo's/UPDATE** FIX IN POST 10

Any idea's why this is happening? Obviously I've done everything short of a hard reset. This is happening on my "launch day Evo" no ota, unrevoked1, build 1.32.651.6 prl 60667.

my 2nd evo has same exact setup *2 works fine. I can make all other calls, i can even call sprint 888 number, just can't use *2.

Also, to those who use unrevoked3 with ota 1.47. are there any benefits to this vs. the original setup if all I want to do is wireless tether? Don't need to flash any roms etc. And to those who did the OTA 1.47 and unrevoked3 would you go back to the 1st setup if you could?

Thanks button coming to anyone with an opinion.

on edit:The Evo with the *2 network busy issue was EVRC-B enabled both on home orig and roam. FYI

Last edited by meccadon123; 07-20-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Update your profile and prl...if that doesn't work..call tier 2 tech support and tell them your issue....

It sounds like a provisoning issue. Worst case do a hard reset and see what happens..or maybe flash back to stock Rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: *2 network busy on 1 of my Evo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccadon123 View Post
Any idea's why this is happening? Obviously I've done everything short of a hard reset. This is happening on my "launch day Evo" no ota, unrevoked1, build 1.32.651.6 prl 60667.

my 2nd evo has same exact setup *2 works fine. I can make all other calls, i can even call sprint 888 number, just can't use *2.

Also, to those who use unrevoked3 with ota 1.47. are there any benefits to this vs. the original setup if all I want to do is wireless tether? Don't need to flash any roms etc. And to those who did the OTA 1.47 and unrevoked3 would you go back to the 1st setup if you could?

Thanks button coming to anyone with an opinion.

on edit:The Evo with the *2 network busy issue was EVRC-B enabled both on home orig and roam. FYI
Same here!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks but no luck so far....updated prl and profile so far...no luck...wierd...i will for give up using *2(which is not really that often) before i even think of a hard reset...It's just odd..*2...fast busy signal/network busy/then call was lost mssg....got me.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Same here!
Is your setup the same as mine? if not, is any part of your setup the same?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

I have this issue aswell. I can call the 1888 number no issue but *2 is broke. Also I am on damage control rom and before I also had this issue with OMJ rom 1.6. Its obviously not a rom issue. Im not gonna hard reset for this issue lol. Its really ashame you cant just go in to the speed dial and just edit the number
Old 07-20-2010, 04:16 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccadon123 View Post
Is your setup the same as mine? if not, is any part of your setup the same?
It started happening when I changed my banner from Sprint to something else.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
It started happening when I changed my banner from Sprint to something else.
Never changed my banner. Not trying to debunk your theory just trying to help figure this out. Honestly mine seemed to always be that way. So far I have had 2 phones like this.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i guess i call tier 2 tech support today. I agree that it must be some sort of provisioning error. I updated my prl and my profile....no joy.....i'll call tech support in a few then post whatever I find.

edit: on the line with tier 2 tech now...will post when finished.

Last edited by meccadon123; 07-20-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Here is my issue. The tier 2 tech had me change my msid and reprogram...no joy....he tried a few other things..nothing....i remembered when i switched to "evrc-b" under the advanced menu,not only did i change "home orig" and roam to evrc-b i ALSO ENABLED EVRC-B in the same menu. i went in and disabled evrc-b and it gave me my star codes back. So that's what fixed it for me. Im just not sure what to tell the tech when he calls back. he opened a ticket with the networking team to find out whats wrong.

Long story short. Disable evrc-b under the advanced menu thru ##3282# and you'll get your * codes back.

edit:1st will the person who thanked this post confirm the fix please thanks.2nd I set my brother up with an EVO he has all previous setting i had and he never lost his * code dialing, so this is confusing me. I actually went in and enabled/disabled evrc-b 3 times and each time it broke my * code dialing.enabled breaks it and disabled fixes it.

Last edited by meccadon123; 07-20-2010 at 11:50 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G