PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Camera Problem anyone else?

Well i got 2 EVO's and the one my older Son has the camera facing yourself is fine.But the one that faces out the background is all different colors.

it looks kinda infared,.. kinda with the colors blurried... front works perfectly

anyone else have this problem? i have rooted it but it did this before the root.And i guess if i have to take it back to best buy i woiuld have to flash back or they would blame it on that LOL.

Anyone else have a camera problem with there EVO?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Camera Problem anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Well i got 2 EVO's and the one my older Son has the camera facing yourself is fine.But the one that faces out the background is all different colors.

it looks kinda infared,.. kinda with the colors blurried... front works perfectly

anyone else have this problem? i have rooted it but it did this before the root.And i guess if i have to take it back to best buy i woiuld have to flash back or they would blame it on that LOL.

Anyone else have a camera problem with there EVO?
You sure its not one of the special effect camera settings?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No everything is default.It looks like infrared like hot and cold.I did have the shield put on it yesterday by a mall store but i doubt that did anything.All settings are normal have no idea since i have searched and seen no others with this.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

are you rooted? if so use my backup and backup your apps & data. hard reset. its not as horrible as was in wm if you came from it. in my camera all is fine but there is a special effect that does what you explained.

try going to the camera and select settings and click restore to default or default settings or whatever it is. it is possible even tho i doubt it, that your camera was in that setting then you exited or rebooted without changing it back and now its stuck as that as default
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Ok thanks when he gets off work he ios going to read the thread and try it then thanks again.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Well he hard reset and all and the camera is still the same way.I have no idea but for him to take it to best buy monday/tuesday and see what they say since it is just a week old.

He said it did this before he installed the new rom today but does not remember before Invisable sheild put the full body on it yesterday.

I do not see how anything they do could mess up the camera since it does not cover it but at this point he has done about all that he can.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

this is rdcrds son, anyway this is a gist of it.

The tint or something seems off, there is a hue/fuzziness to the picture. It almost looks at times like it's one of those cameras than can see "heat" some colors have a glow to them i guess... is a good word to use. I have tried 2 different roms and it does the same thing, i've wiped data and also wiped delvic as well, i also have reset to defaults in the camera. THE FRONT CAMERA works like it should, that's how i know there is an issue, the front camera is normal, the back camera is the one where it's "Weird".. Over on XDA i posted a pic i took with the camera

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=722636

only thing left to try is... i am gonna unroot it, and go back to stock... i never checked the camera before i rooted it, so no idea if it happened out of the box or not >< I wish i knew...

And if i take it to best buy i dont want the geeksquad people saying 'oh you rooted it, you messed it up some how' heh ...

I put a invisible shield on it, if i am told it needs replaced. will best buy pay for the invisible full body i put on it? or am i SOL on that $35
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0001.jpg (97.8 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

The thumbnail really looks like a sepia effect....or a mild form of it....I would really try checking all settings and see what happens bro....

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

someone on xda mentioned... it could be from the solution seeping into the camera lens.... i honestly don't know, i guess i could see that happening, as the guy at the mall sprays mist all over the back for the full body install... question is, how could that be fixed? the top piece of glass isn't the lens right? so how would you get to the lens to attempt to clean it off? Or is it the outside piece? i've cleaned the outside and nothing,

sigh
Old 07-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
No everything is default.It looks like infrared like hot and cold.I did have the shield put on it yesterday by a mall store but i doubt that did anything.All settings are normal have no idea since i have searched and seen no others with this.
There's a good chance some water got under the lens. These company's that put these screen protectors on these phones at the mall tend to drench the phones with the solution....without actually thinking about how water can damage a phone. Zagg installers and Best Buy installers are netorious about doing that...when all your supposed to do is wet the protector and your fingers...they actually spray the phone...which is a no no...Hopefully it dry's out...if not take it back and ask for a new one....or hope to god you have TEP on your phones.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G