PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Ryan07 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ability to Pull Emails from Exchange Server Fails after a Couple Days

The theory is that you're not supposed to have to use a task killer with Android.

Has anyone else tried the kitchen from dsixda? There's an option to configure the "internal task killer" by limiting the memory assigned to a specific process group.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Nothing, just let the OS do it. I too had a hard time comprehending this concept, as I have always been a WM OS user where manually closing apps was necessary to maintain a smooth working phone.

Have faith in the Android OS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
okay, I had been having exchange issues too, glad to know what the culprit was.......however, no that I've unstalled the task killer, what do you use to close out all those programs/apps?

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

ChronoT52 is a n00b

Having successfully gone a month with no issues, I thought that deleting the task killer has this problem licked.

Unfortunately, the problems are coming back, and with a vengeance. I have to delete and add the exchange server at least every two days suddenly. I have had no task switcher on the device for quite some time.

Any other ideas?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:47 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[QUOTE=ChronoT52;1924327]Having successfully gone a month with no issues, I thought that deleting the task killer has this problem licked.

Unfortunately, the problems are coming back, and with a vengeance. I have to delete and add the exchange server at least every two days suddenly. I have had no task switcher on the device for quite some time.

Any other ideas?[/QUOTE

Return the phone for a replacement.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

ChronoT52 is a n00b

That drastic? I can't think that it would be a hardware issue. Maybe I will root today...
Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoT52 View Post
That drastic? I can't think that it would be a hardware issue. Maybe I will root today...
i'm rooted.. not task manager.. and i STILL can't get the stock email app to check my email on schedule.

i'm tempted to return the phone because of this, and the 'b' button bright spot. (white spot seen on a white background where the 'b' button would be)
Old 08-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

this has nothing really to do with the physical phone. it has EVERYTHING to do with your IT server side settings and policies.

we dont know what policies/settings your IT dept uses so we cant really troubleshoot it fully. it could be they did some maintenance on the server and its causing the client side some compatibility issues.. any number of reasons but its most certainly related to EAS settings/policies..

try and contact your IT folks again and let them know your issue.

do they even support Android?

have them look at your individual server logs and see if they can forward you any errors. if so pass those errors to HTC NA support and let them decipher it.

it is also a good idea to contact htc anyway and give them your scenario. once you are assigned a tech they can give you more help. i dealt with a guy at htc for the touch pro2 i used to own. great personal service...
Old 10-08-2010, 06:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

sargeslaughter is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just started getting this problem after months of perfect exchange syncing.

The symptoms are:
I read the mail, exit the mail program. A number appears as if there is new mail. I look and there is the same 3 to 5 emails that I already read that are highlighted black (unread). The activesync arrows spin and there is a count like 10/20 (something like that). No more new mail will arrive at the phone. I verify by checking my Outlook mail and there's new mail there.

I have a buddy that is having the same issue but he's on unrooted stock ver 2.2. He is is on Exchange 2003 with his own mail server. Happened a few times. There is one Iphone and 3 other winmo users/ phones that do not have issues on that server.

I am on stock 2.1(1.47) unrevoked rooted, and just started having the issue beginning 1 week ago. I am on my company mail server(Exch 2003) along with 500 users. People that have phones are on apple, win mobile, blackberry and droid. It has happened 3 times this week. Rebooting doesn't fix it and I've read in other forums that people hard reset only to have it come back again. The only way I can fix it is to delete the account and recreate. A few days later it happens again. I have had this phone since 2nd week of June with no issues.

I have had advanced task killer since day one so i'm not buying the idea that it is causing this.

Any other ideas?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G