PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Grounding Issue Gone!

Guys I'm not sure if this is what did it, but I applied the middle two updates from menu.settings.system update. (profile and prl) Up until now my screen would not work properly if on a non conductive surface.. Can other people with the problem check this out and confirm? Because that would mean a fix was sent out!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

domotang is just getting started
Re: Screen Grounding Issue Gone!

Didn't fix mine at all after applying the two updates. Try a different surface like a pillow or bed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

mine still does it too after the updates... htc said that they are aware of that issue as well as the screen lifting and are fixing the screen issue and will have a hotfix for the grounding.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by domotang View Post
Didn't fix mine at all after applying the two updates. Try a different surface like a pillow or bed.
Damn it worked last night on my bed, now it didn't just now on the carpet.. Sorry to excite yall, it was late...
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine works even in the bathtub.....
Old 06-24-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Guys I'm not sure if this is what did it, but I applied the middle two updates from menu.settings.system update. (profile and prl) Up until now my screen would not work properly if on a non conductive surface.. Can other people with the problem check this out and confirm? Because that would mean a fix was sent out!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Profile; is your data provisioning, and PRL; is your perfered roaming list, both have nothing to do with your phone's hardware or software that would affect that in any way. They are only how your cell phone portion would access the network, in this case Sprint.

Grounding, is a physical issue that would have to be repaired by a tech at the Sprint store or your phone would have to be replaced with one already fixed. HTC has stated they are fixing this problem, in newer releases of the phone, nothing has been said about current owners, except that Radio Shack has placed replacement orders for a few customers (and have gotten replacements with in 3 days, even with the current out of stock, since replacements are handled by another warehouse).

If you got an OTA Firmware or HTC update, then perhaps those would have been software fixes for other issues, but you only mentioned PRL/Profile.

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-24-2010 at 11:52 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G