View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:46 AM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Grounding Issue Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Guys I'm not sure if this is what did it, but I applied the middle two updates from menu.settings.system update. (profile and prl) Up until now my screen would not work properly if on a non conductive surface.. Can other people with the problem check this out and confirm? Because that would mean a fix was sent out!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Profile; is your data provisioning, and PRL; is your perfered roaming list, both have nothing to do with your phone's hardware or software that would affect that in any way. They are only how your cell phone portion would access the network, in this case Sprint.

Grounding, is a physical issue that would have to be repaired by a tech at the Sprint store or your phone would have to be replaced with one already fixed. HTC has stated they are fixing this problem, in newer releases of the phone, nothing has been said about current owners, except that Radio Shack has placed replacement orders for a few customers (and have gotten replacements with in 3 days, even with the current out of stock, since replacements are handled by another warehouse).

If you got an OTA Firmware or HTC update, then perhaps those would have been software fixes for other issues, but you only mentioned PRL/Profile.

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-24-2010 at 11:52 AM.