PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo now, or Evo later?

I in the same boat as you. I can't upgrade till August 1st, and I feel that is a good thing. I've also been watching the forum to see what issus people are having and whatnot. From what I hear the reason that none of the stores have any right now is due to the screen issues and build quality. HTC is aware of them and has pulled all current stock and is re-manufaturing the way the Evo is built, that way we don't run into these problems again. You have to remember this is the biggest phone other than the HD2 that HTC has made...so there's bound to be some issues. The guy at BB was full of crap...if they had a buttload..they would be at the store and not at the warehouse.

I may get mine on Aug. 1st, or I may wait it out till atleast September....either way I have 30 days to throw it back at them...and get a new one...

Last edited by ChrisH09; 06-24-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Keyboard Error :P
Old 06-24-2010, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

I am due for an upgrade soon as well, but I paid $486.23 for the phone outright with a nova screen and I prefer to not be held to a contract. No problems to report.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would have stuck with the TP2 if, as in you're case, I was having no issues. But the issues for me were almost crippling.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G