PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: bought the evo and starting to regret it.

Sounds like he is scared to move from what he is comfortable with. I am personally the other way....I can't stand Windows Mobile. My TP2 is a boring brick of a phone to use...all I do is text, and call people...anything else...well you get the picture. The amount of memory the Evo has over the TP2 is almost double...the screen size...the HDMI out, the capacitive touch screen...whats there not to like....The TP2 lacks in all those catigories...

Hmm...dude you should really look at your situation....are the things your getting fustrated over really that big of deal?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

Lacrosse is just getting started

I had similar concerns over what to do about apps if i was to give other roms a try after rooting. Being a flashaholic with the TP2, i got used to using UC and having it reinstall all my apps again after flashing.

When I started to read up on android though, I realized that not only can i do that with programs like titanium backup, but through nandroid backups i can pretty much rest assured that if a new rom isn't what i wanted i can go straight back to my previous setup, rom/apps/settings all saved via nandroid.

The best part about the whole thing is, i have my nandroid backups copied to my laptop so i'm doubly insured against having to redo my entire phone if new things don't work out.

I would try and do some more reading, maybe with a more positive attitude towards android, the Evo is gonna be a crap phone compared to the TP2 you're familiar with if you don't make the effort to get to know the platform better.

Aside from the lack of the physical keyboard, which i'm missing less day by day, my TP2 is now a battery charger for my Evo. Sometimes when i accidently turn it on when i put the battery back in to the TP2 and it boots up, i am reminded of how limited the hardware and the software was as a combination.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

learn the phone you will be happy
Old 06-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

poetik is a n00b

I agree with the guy above me.

Last edited by poetik; 06-24-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

I can only say that since moving to Android I am not looking back. Consider all the rom chefs from WinMo that are now moving onto Android. Despite its rapid growth, it is still a relatively new platform and when the best chefs really get going, it will get really innovative.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswezey View Post
My touch pro is only a week old Better trade :P
i'd trade my TP2, even better
Old 06-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

hell i will trade you my touch pro and My new touch Pro2 runny Vinn's ROM
hit me up. (oh I got a diamond also)

also believe me it will only get betters, I think a physical keyboard might just be a thing of the past, No hardware to software issue, correct keys etc....
Phones will be coming out with faster more versitile processors. But I think that a 5'' to a 5.5'' inch displays should be the largest until they can squink down the bulking size of the phones.....
just my 2 cents

Last edited by Nygel; 06-24-2010 at 05:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G