View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Lacrosse
N00b

Lacrosse is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: bought the evo and starting to regret it.

I had similar concerns over what to do about apps if i was to give other roms a try after rooting. Being a flashaholic with the TP2, i got used to using UC and having it reinstall all my apps again after flashing.

When I started to read up on android though, I realized that not only can i do that with programs like titanium backup, but through nandroid backups i can pretty much rest assured that if a new rom isn't what i wanted i can go straight back to my previous setup, rom/apps/settings all saved via nandroid.

The best part about the whole thing is, i have my nandroid backups copied to my laptop so i'm doubly insured against having to redo my entire phone if new things don't work out.

I would try and do some more reading, maybe with a more positive attitude towards android, the Evo is gonna be a crap phone compared to the TP2 you're familiar with if you don't make the effort to get to know the platform better.

Aside from the lack of the physical keyboard, which i'm missing less day by day, my TP2 is now a battery charger for my Evo. Sometimes when i accidently turn it on when i put the battery back in to the TP2 and it boots up, i am reminded of how limited the hardware and the software was as a combination.