PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help me understand Adobe Flash on Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Many people including myself have shown that it doesn't work. They're trying but it really only works on froyo so far.

If you can go to espn3.com using that flash and get a video to work then I'll believe it.
Looks like its working fine for me. I just loaded up espn3.com, have what appears to be a flash add on the top right. All of my video sites work now that didnt work before and i havent noticed any lag at all. Ill video it with my old tp2 and try to upload to youtube if you'd like proof.

I dont know what kind of issue youre having with the espn3 site but I just checked it on the computer to be sure that its the full site. There are videos on the site that I cant load on my phone but its not due to flash. Clicking on them brings up a popup that says the espn3 videos is only available for certain isp's. That may be your problem

Last edited by Mazzakre; 06-22-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Looks like its working fine for me. I just loaded up espn3.com, have what appears to be a flash add on the top right. All of my video sites work now that didnt work before and i havent noticed any lag at all. Ill video it with my old tp2 and try to upload to youtube if you'd like proof
What version do you get at www.whatismyflash.com? I'd just be happy if it works cuz I've tried the 3 different install files and none of them produced anything different.

BTW flash lite works on ESPN3 until you go to actually start a video.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
What version do you get at www.whatismyflash.com? I'd just be happy if it works cuz I've tried the 3 different install files and none of them produced anything different.

BTW flash lite works on ESPN3 until you go to actually start a video.
It says flash player 10.1.123. I updated my last post. Sprint isnt a partner to espn3 so the videos wont load on our phones. My home isp is from comcast which is on the list and lets me view the vids. Im going to switch to wifi and see if the vids load using comcast instead of the phones data
Old 06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

^^^ great ^^^

so whats the deal with Stubhub?

'function over fashion'
Old 06-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
It says flash player 10.1.123. I updated my last post. Sprint isnt a partner to espn3 so the videos wont load on our phones. My home isp is from comcast which is on the list and lets me view the vids. Im going to switch to wifi and see if the vids load using comcast instead of the phones data
Yeah I tried it on my AT&T wifi. Plus once you sign up on your home internet you can use ESPN3.com on other internet providers with your login.

Edit: That's also the same flash version I get on my EVO that has only flash lite on it.

Last edited by Donatom3; 06-22-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Many people including myself have shown that it doesn't work. They're trying but it really only works on froyo so far.

If you can go to espn3.com using that flash and get a video to work then I'll believe it.
I'm trying to use stock rom on espn3 but it I have to login to my ISP. Any other site I can test?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

OK looks like you guys are right. espn3 and stubhub shows me the exclamation point. Stubhub isnt even in 10.1, I have 10.0 on my computer and it works. There must be something else to it because other flash sites work. espn3 videos arent acting like flash video. Other flash sites, including stubhub lets me long press the flash and bring up a menu to play in full screen but espn3 doesnt, just brings up a link menu
Old 06-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
OK looks like you guys are right. espn3 and stubhub shows me the exclamation point. Stubhub isnt even in 10.1, I have 10.0 on my computer and it works. There must be something else to it because other flash sites work. espn3 videos arent acting like flash video. Other flash sites, including stubhub lets me long press the flash and bring up a menu to play in full screen but espn3 doesnt, just brings up a link menu
yeah, you are going to need froyo
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

saucratiz is becoming a great contributor

I have flash 10.1 running all sites working so far. I am using the latest 2.1 Rom from damage control

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G