PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo Resolutions

My base comparinson is actually a 1st gen iphone. I played with the Evo already and was dissapointed in how NOT fluid the web browsing experience was compared to the 1st gen iphone. Dont believe me? Simple, get a hold of a old iphone and open up engadget or newsweek or any heavy graphics web address and put both side by side. Then base your own experience. What bothers me the most from the list is the glass pealing off. Thats not acceptable even for a barely 2 week device. Dont you all think? I will change the list as things get addressed or these issues being non issues due to being a small percentage. Please keep this civil, we all know how much you guys love your purchase but bthis can help US who havent decided to pay alot of money for vor even if its just 200 dollars. Thank you.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
LMAO! You get a thanks

I dropped mine in the driveway the second day I had it I would say I average a GOOD drop every two days or so lol. I finally got a case to hold me over until I find one I really like, but I take it on and off because it bothers me a lot so I don't see it being to helpful. If you don't want your screen to shatter don't drop it lol! Very simple.

We were LEAVING THE STORE with an Evo that wasn't 10 minutes new to her. She was giving me the standard "i'll take care of it" spill when she dropped it AND kicked it 5 feet down the side walk. It was beautiful.

All to quickly my irritation of purchasing a $25 body glove case that I knew she didn't like went away.

Mine got the white glove treatment until I got home and had a Siedio case waiting for me in the mail. Win.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is the second thread by the OP complaining about the EVO. We are all aware of it's shortcommings and I'm sure there are more to come but it's positives outweigh the negatives thus far. Dude, if you are absolutely worried about this sooooo much that you must complain, I suggest that you either buy a dumbphone so you don't really have to worry anymore, or...wait for it...cancel your contract and hit the AT&T or Verizon stores for a better phone and plan.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
My base comparinson is actually a 1st gen iphone. I played with the Evo already and was dissapointed in how NOT fluid the web browsing experience was compared to the 1st gen iphone. Dont believe me? Simple, get a hold of a old iphone and open up engadget or newsweek or any heavy graphics web address and put both side by side. Then base your own experience. What bothers me the most from the list is the glass pealing off. Thats not acceptable even for a barely 2 week device. Dont you all think? I will change the list as things get addressed or these issues being non issues due to being a small percentage. Please keep this civil, we all know how much you guys love your purchase but bthis can help US who havent decided to pay alot of money for vor even if its just 200 dollars. Thank you.
So you don't even own an EVO? Then WTF you doing here? You should be posting on an iphone forum praising it and Steve Handjobs for the greatest gift on earth!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
My base comparinson is actually a 1st gen iphone. I played with the Evo already and was dissapointed in how NOT fluid the web browsing experience was compared to the 1st gen iphone. Dont believe me? Simple, get a hold of a old iphone and open up engadget or newsweek or any heavy graphics web address and put both side by side. Then base your own experience.
I dunno man. I have a Hero, a iPod Touch (2nd gen) and the Evo. I play with them all and I find my self grabbing the Evo every night for the more heavy sites.

Running on the same wireless net work the EVO will SPANK the iPod and the Hero on a forum with a lot of .gifs in a thread or anything like that.

The only thing I find the Evo lacking from the iPod (best I can tell is it's an iPhone with out a camera and phone) is memory (32g vs 16) and I like iTunes and the way the iPod handles the music.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
So you don't even own an EVO? Then WTF you doing here? You should be posting on an iphone forum praising it and Steve Handjobs for the greatest gift on earth!

Hahahahahaha. Nice
Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
You can't be serious. Sure the 1st Generation iphone on the former ATT edge network with top dl speeds of 200kb. That fluidity you speak of only took 3 times as long to come up on the page. sure wifi was quick but thats quite limiting dont you think? I have nothing against the iphone and know many people that have them, but this my friend is ridiculous. The EVO web browsing experience is amazing. Dolphin HD, even the stock browser are very fast and fluid. As for the other issue with glass peeling, thats unfortunate and if it happens, certainly will get a replacement.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

You are just a troll like your name reflects. It's clear you have no interest in resolutions for evo issues. You keep using the iPhone as a source of comparison. If you haven't noticed, this is an android device. If you didn't enjoy the browsing experience on the EVO compared to the iPhone, then that's because you like the iPhone more than Android... nothing to do with Android.

I don't mind someone creating a thread like this, but you're NOT an EVO user. You have no stock in maintaining this thread and i don't believe you care to. You don't even understand the issues at hand. Translation = you're a hater. This thread should be closed, so someone with more sense can open one.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

So hostile in here! Remember... you can skip this thread instead of makingchildish Steve Handjobs comments.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Hahahahahaha. Nice
I mean geeeeeze! I want to be civil. I really do! But this is like comparing private parts with another dude and saying, yeah...i have played with one before....but it seems it just doesn't pop up fast enough for me...the iphone can pop up webpages faster than mister happy so I think I'm going to tell the world....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G