PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grunt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wallpaper Issue

I can only use the live wall paper. When I try to use non live wall paper it goes back to the multi=color bubble screen. Need some help.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: Wallpaper Issue

Have you rooted your phone? Have you installed any apps since this started to happen? Have you tried to change your theme and then try to change the wallpaper?

Worst case do a hard reset on the phone...seems alot of issue from the factor install of Android are fixed by doing a hard reset...atleast thats what people have been posting...like have you hard reset since getting the Evo?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

grunt is a n00b

No, I haven't rooted my phone and I haven't hard reset my phone either. I have installed various apps before and since this happen.

I didn't want to hard set the phone and lose all my apps but I might just try the hard reset.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Hard Resetting your phone is generally the last resort...try uninstalling some of the apps you've downloaded first, then see if that fixes your issue. Did you try setting the Scheme to the default Sprint or HTC and then try to set a new wallpaper? These are just some ideas...but hopefully they can be fixed via deleting some of the apps...
Old 06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

grunt is a n00b

I did a hard reset and everything is ok. Do I have to be careful to what type of apps I download?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt View Post
I did a hard reset and everything is ok. Do I have to be careful to what type of apps I download?
Its always a good idea. Not all apps you download from the market will be perfect. Some will cause system conflicts if not written properly. It wont hurt your phone but as you can see, it may require you to hard reset just to get things back to snuff again.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

I had the same thing happen to me, but I just rebooted and it was fixed.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Coming from Windows Mobile, same thing applies...same issues arise...it's just the facts of life with these devices...a quick hard reset or removing the programs generally gets rid of the issue...now the problem is just finding the app that caused it.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

grunt is a n00b

I hard reset and everything is fine. Thanks for the help.

Peace
Old 06-16-2010, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt View Post
Just because a program/app is written for a certain OS, it doesn't mean it will play nicely with all hardware configuration/manufacturer and/or other software/apps. Even when apps are written by the same dev, they may not work in harmony.

As mentioned below, this is an issue even with other OS (i.e. Windows, Windows Mobile, Symbian, MAC OS & Linux);

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Coming from Windows Mobile, same thing applies...same issues arise...it's just the facts of life with these devices...a quick hard reset or removing the programs generally gets rid of the issue...now the problem is just finding the app that caused it.
Consider this, devs programing for Android OS are not necessarily programming their app to work well with let's say HTC Sense.. David's Compass widget might not like Albert's Pong app, especially if both want access to the accelerometer.. David never met Albert and Albert could give a rat's booty about David's widget.. (lol) And neither knew that ShootMe likes to take snap shots when you shake your phone.. (careful not too hard you may drop it).

Make sense? Hope that helps,

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-16-2010 at 11:37 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G