PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Life After Official Froyo OTA Update on 8/2

my battery life is dbl at least, check this out 15 hours and I still have 52% left and I've been using the hell outta my fone!
CAP201008041307.jpg
Old 08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Re: might just be me be but im getting poor battery life from baked snacks latest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAndroidN00b View Post
Just installed it last night and after running all the default with minor internet usage I lost 85% after four hours. Now I know not all time are created perfect and equal but I was just wondering what every one else's experience with battery is like on this. I'm gonna recharge again, make a few tweeks and try it again...
wut apps do you have running I get like 30 hours of battery life with moderate-heavy use
Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: HTC Evo Battery Perfomance

Threads merged!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Upgrade to Rooted Froyo, absolutely crappy battery life

I've seen a few threads about this on the 2.1 (eclair) build that the battery life was bad, I didn't experience this.

However, now that I've upgraded to Froyo (rooted OTA), my battery runs down so fast that I can barely leave it off the charger for more than 2-3 hours.

I know I've seen some threads about this or if there is a workaround but not at all sure if anyone has a comnprehensive answer about this.

I'm running the bare minimum of background applications, matter of fact I'm running less than I was before on eclair, yet, my battery life is worse than it was before.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Re: Upgrade to Rooted Froyo, absolutely crappy battery life

I am running the upgraded 2.2 unrooted and find my battery life better.

The biggest killer after the upgrade was LED Light. Does not play well and is always running, so I suggest uninstalling that.

You should also sign out and turn off the automatically sign in for TALK, as the upgrade to 2.2 set that program back up with the default auto sign in settings.

I am on 23.5 hours since my last charge and am at 40% battery life left.

I synce 3 email accounts on average every hour. A couple of dozen texts. Maybe an hour of browsing. WiFi on for routhly 15 hours.

Used the phone for about an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I've seen a few threads about this on the 2.1 (eclair) build that the battery life was bad, I didn't experience this.

However, now that I've upgraded to Froyo (rooted OTA), my battery runs down so fast that I can barely leave it off the charger for more than 2-3 hours.

I know I've seen some threads about this or if there is a workaround but not at all sure if anyone has a comnprehensive answer about this.

I'm running the bare minimum of background applications, matter of fact I'm running less than I was before on eclair, yet, my battery life is worse than it was before.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Thats my biggest problem with 2.2. Wen i was on OMJ 2.1 i could easily go a a full day wit heavy usage b4 i hav to charge or swap batteries. Im currently on omj's 2.2, my usage routines havent changed at all an now i cant even make it thru one shift at work witout charging or changing batteries like gun magazines

Sent from the day after yesterday using a Carrier pigeon.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

This thread below addresses another program causing poor battery life.

I can guarantee that the OS is not the battery problem, it is the Apps you have for 2.1 that have not been tweaked for 2.2.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130822

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
Thats my biggest problem with 2.2. Wen i was on OMJ 2.1 i could easily go a a full day wit heavy usage b4 i hav to charge or swap batteries. Im currently on omj's 2.2, my usage routines havent changed at all an now i cant even make it thru one shift at work witout charging or changing batteries like gun magazines

Sent from the day after yesterday using a Carrier pigeon.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
I am running the upgraded 2.2 unrooted and find my battery life better.

The biggest killer after the upgrade was LED Light. Does not play well and is always running, so I suggest uninstalling that.

You should also sign out and turn off the automatically sign in for TALK, as the upgrade to 2.2 set that program back up with the default auto sign in settings.

I am on 23.5 hours since my last charge and am at 40% battery life left.

I synce 3 email accounts on average every hour. A couple of dozen texts. Maybe an hour of browsing. WiFi on for routhly 15 hours.

Used the phone for about an hour.

MOD Edited

2. When you say LED light is that a third-party application or the stock LED settings for this device. I turned off all LED notifications and still see a pretty big battery drain, almost 10% in about 10 minutes.

Last edited by WarChild; 08-05-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: inappropriate statements.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
2. When you say LED light is that a third-party application or the stock LED settings for this device. I turned off all LED notifications and still see a pretty big battery drain, almost 10% in about 10 minutes.

2. as for the battery life, im experiencing that now since i up'd to 2.2. 5-10mins off the charger -10% untouched

Last edited by WarChild; 08-05-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Re: HTC Evo Battery Perfomance

I'm about to try the netarchy kernel available from XDA-developers and see if that makes a difference:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

Last edited by sanjsrik; 08-05-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: link to wrong thread, apologies

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G