View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 09:59 AM
toddpedersen
Regular 'Geeker

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrade to Rooted Froyo, absolutely crappy battery life

I am running the upgraded 2.2 unrooted and find my battery life better.

The biggest killer after the upgrade was LED Light. Does not play well and is always running, so I suggest uninstalling that.

You should also sign out and turn off the automatically sign in for TALK, as the upgrade to 2.2 set that program back up with the default auto sign in settings.

I am on 23.5 hours since my last charge and am at 40% battery life left.

I synce 3 email accounts on average every hour. A couple of dozen texts. Maybe an hour of browsing. WiFi on for routhly 15 hours.

Used the phone for about an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I've seen a few threads about this on the 2.1 (eclair) build that the battery life was bad, I didn't experience this.

However, now that I've upgraded to Froyo (rooted OTA), my battery runs down so fast that I can barely leave it off the charger for more than 2-3 hours.

I know I've seen some threads about this or if there is a workaround but not at all sure if anyone has a comnprehensive answer about this.

I'm running the bare minimum of background applications, matter of fact I'm running less than I was before on eclair, yet, my battery life is worse than it was before.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!