PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 09:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

egotek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Random Reboots

Anyone else experiencing random reboots when using apps? I've had mine for 2 days and when i attempt to open random applications the phone will just reboot. Even when just using the stock apps or trying to go to the internet...

This my first android phone so I haven't even done any modding, no rooting or anything. Is there a log somewhere that I can look through to see what's going on?

I had to do a "clear data" yesterday because I setup exchange and apparently it doesn't like when you only use a numeric pin. Maybe I should do a full reset?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Random Reboots

ive only seen it once on my blanket just upped and rebooted itself. havent seen it for a couple days though
Old 06-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

This is a known issue. Usually its when an app accesses GPS. A hard reserved will fix the problem.
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

egotek is a n00b

you know....now that you mention it, it did mainly do it with apps accessing GPS. but also when I'd just type in google.com to go to the internet....

it was pissing me off so I went ahead and hard reset it again....then rooted and backed up. we'll see....
Old 06-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

The internet accesses GPS, that way it can search near you
Old 06-14-2010, 01:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

I just got a random reset today again, this is the second time. I was just replying to a text and it reboots, didn't even have gps or any other apps open.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

yeah it happened to me, but I'm thinkin it a common app, the other thread that this was happening in had "lookout" or "mobile defense" I know i had MD and it did it, I think it was that cuz I never had an issue until I installed it and then since I unistalled and clear storage it's been fine all day... so do you guys have a location program???
Old 06-14-2010, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp 2
Carrier: sprint

d00pey is a n00b

it happened to me when i was using navigation apps so i hard reset the beast and reinstalled the apps that i wanted and now it works fine. i keep testing it by using maps and no more reboots. i am sure a hard reset will do it.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00pey View Post
it happened to me when i was using navigation apps so i hard reset the beast and reinstalled the apps that i wanted and now it works fine. i keep testing it by using maps and no more reboots. i am sure a hard reset will do it.
yeah and alot of the location apps use the gps to find the fone, so i can see why they might make it reboot too, i hope the issue is over, cuz if not, i will get sum sprint credits lol
Old 06-14-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

jfizz88 is keeping up the good workjfizz88 is keeping up the good work

yeah it usually happens when i turn on my gps, and then immediately go into maps/navigation

Crispy EVO because its Toasted.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G