PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Random Reboots (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125060)

egotek 06-13-2010 09:49 PM

Random Reboots

Anyone else experiencing random reboots when using apps? I've had mine for 2 days and when i attempt to open random applications the phone will just reboot. Even when just using the stock apps or trying to go to the internet...

This my first android phone so I haven't even done any modding, no rooting or anything. Is there a log somewhere that I can look through to see what's going on?

I had to do a "clear data" yesterday because I setup exchange and apparently it doesn't like when you only use a numeric pin. Maybe I should do a full reset?

Boo Boo 06-13-2010 11:11 PM

Re: Random Reboots

ive only seen it once on my blanket just upped and rebooted itself. havent seen it for a couple days though

p-slim 06-13-2010 11:13 PM

This is a known issue. Usually its when an app accesses GPS. A hard reserved will fix the problem.

egotek 06-13-2010 11:28 PM

you know....now that you mention it, it did mainly do it with apps accessing GPS. but also when I'd just type in google.com to go to the internet....

it was pissing me off so I went ahead and hard reset it again....then rooted and backed up. we'll see....

p-slim 06-13-2010 11:35 PM

The internet accesses GPS, that way it can search near you

Mystery 06-14-2010 01:04 AM

I just got a random reset today again, this is the second time. I was just replying to a text and it reboots, didn't even have gps or any other apps open.

Ticklemepinks 06-14-2010 01:39 AM

yeah it happened to me, but I'm thinkin it a common app, the other thread that this was happening in had "lookout" or "mobile defense" I know i had MD and it did it, I think it was that cuz I never had an issue until I installed it and then since I unistalled and clear storage it's been fine all day... so do you guys have a location program???

d00pey 06-14-2010 01:47 AM

it happened to me when i was using navigation apps so i hard reset the beast and reinstalled the apps that i wanted and now it works fine. i keep testing it by using maps and no more reboots. i am sure a hard reset will do it.

Ticklemepinks 06-14-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d00pey (Post 1813498)
it happened to me when i was using navigation apps so i hard reset the beast and reinstalled the apps that i wanted and now it works fine. i keep testing it by using maps and no more reboots. i am sure a hard reset will do it.

yeah and alot of the location apps use the gps to find the fone, so i can see why they might make it reboot too, i hope the issue is over, cuz if not, i will get sum sprint credits lol

jfizz88 06-14-2010 02:29 AM

yeah it usually happens when i turn on my gps, and then immediately go into maps/navigation