PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Random Reboots (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125060)

shakuyi 06-14-2010 02:40 AM

Re: Random Reboots

had this happen TWICE in the middle of a phone call and the funny part was that during the sprint boot up i could still hear them talking but they couldnt hear me!!!

Ticklemepinks 06-14-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakuyi (Post 1813540)
had this happen TWICE in the middle of a phone call and the funny part was that during the sprint boot up i could still hear them talking but they couldnt hear me!!!

same thing to me hun, I heard the start up sound and was confused as hell lol while i was talkin then my friend kept sayin hello and she eventually cut off as it booted up lol

lipidfats 06-14-2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks (Post 1813493)
yeah it happened to me, but I'm thinkin it a common app, the other thread that this was happening in had "lookout" or "mobile defense" I know i had MD and it did it, I think it was that cuz I never had an issue until I installed it and then since I unistalled and clear storage it's been fine all day... so do you guys have a location program???

i've never tried either of those apps and I still had the damn reboot bug. Reset every few minutes for an hour until I hard reset. Haven't had any random reboots in the past few days (maybe cuz i turned gps off), but I hope this is something that gets fixed eventually... Don't need that shhht happening when I need the phone most. Hard resets are annoying.

Iron.Wraith 06-14-2010 08:22 AM

Mine rebooted yesterday on it's own. I was sitting in a chair holding the phone holstered in the Seido Innocase II and saw the screen light up through the case gap. About the time i popped it out the bootup sound played. I thought "oh well... nothing new" lol. My TP2 would sit around and wake itself up often and had a few random reboots. I could see that being annoying during a phone call though !

MikeOD 06-14-2010 08:49 AM

I was helping a friend clean up an engine to put into a car yesterday, and I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket...thought I had a text message, so I wiped my hand off and took the phone out and realized it was just rebooting...other than that it's never done it, so I don't really know what the deal is.

BenS 06-15-2010 09:04 PM

I've had this happen a few times and I think it might be because of the overclock widget. My thinking is that it will actually make it run itself off. I'm not sure if this is the case but seems logical to me

jrob 06-15-2010 09:20 PM

for me, i will use atk and it will reboot itself then.

searcher61 06-15-2010 09:30 PM

How many of you have rooted your phones? Could that have anything to do with it?

BenS 06-15-2010 09:47 PM

I've only rooted using the unrevoked method. I'm thoroughly confused as to what each and every step does. There its a bunch off tutorials and discussions about shells, nandroids, and adb's that I'm waiting for an automated procedure put something. Plus my Evo works great they way that it is, barring the keyboards all suck and I've used the touch input, swype, and shapewriter. They are all such a challenge to highlight word if they are spelled or auto correct chooses the wrong one. But no I'm not fully rooted.

inflewence 06-15-2010 11:54 PM

I been trying to find a fix for this, for a while now. It always happens when I use nav which pisses me off when you are trying to get some where. Not trying to hard reset because I heard the phone can't read the old pics and video after you do that.