PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: Evo= Another crippled htc device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
The iPhone 4 runs on 512 ram, same as the Evo and Galaxy S, so the A4 on that phone will perform just fine.

I am willing to bet the iPhone 4 and the galaxy S smoke the Evo as far as 3D Gaming and video streaming are concerned, as well as battery efficiency.

This is not to knock the Evo or the snapdragon, I have an HD2 with a snapdragon and it performs VERY well for what I want a WM 6.x device to do, but I as if you are into 3D gaming (personally I couldn't care less about 3d gaming on a cell phone) then the iPhone 4 and galaxy S are going to smoke the Evo.
It's not actually confirmed, but yes I read this a few days ago too. We'll only know for sure once people get these in their hands, but the iPad is definitely 256mb of ram. On the A4 the ram is built into the chip which would mean the iPhone's would have to be a different version of the chip.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
It's not actually confirmed, but yes I read this a few days ago too. We'll only know for sure once people get these in their hands, but the iPad is definitely 256mb of ram. On the A4 the ram is built into the chip which would mean the iPhone's would have to be a different version of the chip.

http://www.macstories.net/iphone/iph...512-mb-of-ram/

that's pretty much confirmed.

They just modified the chip for the iPhone 4, it's not that hard.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Plasma_Cannon is a n00b

I upgraded to the tp2 last year and I really want the evo but I'm gonna hold off until I know there's a fix for this. There's no way older phones should be smoother than the evo. The day I know there's gonna fix is probably the day I upgrade.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

xenoetry is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma_Cannon View Post
I upgraded to the tp2 last year and I really want the evo but I'm gonna hold off until I know there's a fix for this. There's no way older phones should be smoother than the evo. The day I know there's gonna fix is probably the day I upgrade.
Can't blame you for that. The community is working on a fix as we speak, and to be honest, we will probably get it from them before we ever got an official solution from HTC.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Plasma_Cannon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoetry View Post
Can't blame you for that. The community is working on a fix as we speak, and to be honest, we will probably get it from them before we ever got an official solution from HTC.
Yea I'm fully expect the community to find a fix if at at all possible before htc does anything officially. I'm also following the thread on xda in cause they find a fix. Some believe to has to do with the hdmi port. It'd be really stupid if that's the reason the phone is limited because it's something most people won't ever use.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

xenoetry is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma_Cannon View Post
Yea I'm fully expect the community to find a fix if at at all possible before htc does anything officially. I'm also following the thread on xda in cause they find a fix. Some believe to has to do with the hdmi port. It'd be really stupid if that's the reason the phone is limited because it's something most people won't ever use.
Damn, I didn't expect that. If that is indeed the problem, then it is a pretty piss poor reason to have one.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

um so where are all the apple fanboy bashing htc now? this is thev worst apple device launch ever!! the iphone 4 has more launch problems the kirf devices

ps all the issues u have said about the evo have been fixed fps, wifi n, root,

Last edited by Adrianh85; 06-25-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

are people really still butt hurt about the fps issue?? Lets just say that the phone has native 60fps support...and that there are NO screen grounding issue. I'm willing to bet that there are still people that will b**ch moan and complain about something about the device...and how its a deal breaker.

Bottom line is that for us early adopters...it is an accepted risk that...every device that EVER came out...NONE has been perfect. The initial iPhone launch...the iPad WiFi issues...the gimped TouchPros...the Mogul (WEAK)...

from generation to generation...the devices have been superior to the one before...so lets be satisfied with the device that we have purchased...fix the issue for ourselves...and be happy with this pretty damn awesome device!!

BTW...I have a slight bit of light leak...I have a Novatek lcd panel...I have not complained and probably will not because I'm sure that within a couple of months...there will be fixes that can be found here OR on XDA...besides...thats why most of us have fully rooted phones because we're NOT happy with the stock ROM that they give us to begin with.

besides, we are here to mod...tweak...and make OUR devices generally better...so why are we bashing OUR new device??

Last edited by amw1972; 06-25-2010 at 11:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G