PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Scrappy xyz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the real difference between 002 / 003

I have an 002 & my gf has a 003. what is the real difference between these phones?
003 She hates her battery life (will die overnight ona full charge) & has a text message scrolling option (she cant scroll up to past messages, will always snap back to the bottom)

002 I dont have many issues, my battery life is 8-10 hrs with moderate use & only had 1 issue with waking up to a dead phone with a full charge.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: What is the real difference between 002 / 003

Does she sync facebook pics with her contacts? do you? once i stopped doing that i was able to scroll my txt messages again..could have been a coincidence but check it out.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Do you see a purple hue on the 0002 and more dull look on the 0003? I have an 0002 Novatek screen and the screen is crisp and visible under sunlight. I read however that they've been able to hack the 0003 Epson screen past the 30fps frame rate.

Last edited by aznmode; 06-24-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

0002 only has novatec screens i believe. 0003 has mainly epson, but also some novatec. Novatec has a creepy pink/purple hue on gray colors. Aside from that, i don't think anything else is different. Both types have battery and other issues. 0003 can also be hacked passed the 30fps, but that's not ready for primetime.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:26 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
0002 only has novatec screens i believe. 0003 has mainly epson, but also some novatec. Novatec has a creepy pink/purple hue on gray colors. Aside from that, i don't think anything else is different. Both types have battery and other issues. 0003 can also be hacked passed the 30fps, but that's not ready for primetime.
My 003 Novatec looks a lot better than my 002 Epson

Just saying.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
My 003 Novatec looks a lot better than my 002 Epson

Just saying.
which is purple? i can't remember which one has the purple now that i think of it... i have 0003, but i'm not sure which screen. greys are greys though and i like that.

edit: below is a pic of novatec vs epson... 0002 novatec (all 0002 builds, some 0003) is on the left with purple hue, 0003 with epson on right. i'm sorry, but the hue is troubling. i like my blacks/greys to look black/grey.

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-24-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

one...
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
002 vs 003. I know its been covered countless times.

Ok so I had to get another EVO today, its along story but now I have two. Sprint needs one back and I was trying to decide which to send back. Maybe your impute could help lol. I noticed somethings that are just rather confusing.

002 the colors look great 003 the colors look like they have a slightly yellow tint. The confusing part. The 003 has brighter whites and darker blacks. The 002 has duller blacks and duller whites. However the home screen with the same wallpaper the nexus one wallpaper. The 002 looks crisp and bright the blacks show up better and the screen looks natural. However the 003 screen the blacks show up with a bit of a dull yellow tint. The kind of tint you wouldnt notice unless you held the phone side by side.

WTH I am confused. The 002 has weaker blacks and whites but the 002 displays colors a lot better. So unless your screen is full black or full white the 002 out shines the 003. How is it the 003 has better blacks and whites but only showes up better when the phone is on an all black or all white screen. Like the settings screen for all black or the message screen for all whites.

I really like the 003 because it has a raised power button lol but I like the 002 more because the colors appear more natural. Also the 002 things look smooth and you dont see pixels. With the 003 you can see the red green blue pixels. WTF man why is this so complicated. I am looking at these two phones compairing things and I like the 003 but every time I hold them next to eachother the screen is hideous compaired to the 002.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: 002 vs 003. I know its been covered countless times.

I'd keep the 003 if it had a epson lcd otherwise who cares...
Old 06-24-2010, 11:01 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Re: Re: What is the real difference between 002 / 003

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
which is purple? i can't remember which one has the purple now that i think of it... i have 0003, but i'm not sure which screen. greys are greys though and i like that.

edit: below is a pic of novatec vs epson... 0002 novatec (all 0002 builds, some 0003) is on the left with purple hue, 0003 with epson on right. i'm sorry, but the hue is troubling. i like my blacks/greys to look black/grey.
Mine looks exactly like the one on the right... and I have a 003 Novatec.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G