PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g
Carrier: Sprint

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468
Any way to tell if your on 1x or EV on the EVO?

Hello everyone, I have a question, I live in a 1x area but I work in an area with EV but on the EVO it always just says 3g is there any way I can figure out if I'm actually on EV or 1x? Thanks for all the previous help peeps!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: Any way to tell if your on 1x or EV on the EVO?

i thought ev was 3g? because where i'm at the 3g isnt always lit up
Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Ev-do is your 3g

Old 06-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

3G is EVDO. So far on my phone I haven't not been in 3G, which is odd since on my Pre there were places where my phone would flip flop between the two. You should be on 2G i.e. 1xrtt anytime you're on a phone call.'

Just checked the manual.

You get the 3G above the arrows when on EVDO and 1X above the arrows when on 1xrtt.

Last edited by Donatom3; 06-08-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g
Threadstarter

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

I have an airave at home and I know that's 1x and it still says 3g (I knew EV was 3g I guess I was trying to be technical LOL) I have the up & down arrows with the 3g symbol above it but like I said I know for a fact I'm only 1x here so I was just curious if anyone else noticed.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
I have an airave at home and I know that's 1x and it still says 3g (I knew EV was 3g I guess I was trying to be technical LOL) I have the up & down arrows with the 3g symbol above it but like I said I know for a fact I'm only 1x here so I was just curious if anyone else noticed.
airrave supports 1x, 3g, and 4g. if you live in a 3g city and have an airrave, even though you probably don't get 3G at home normally, you probably will get 3G with an airrave.
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
That's because you probably are on 3G and not connected to the airrave at that moment. If your phone finds a 3G signal it will use that instead of the airrave for data. It will only switch to the airrave if there is no signal or you make a call. I bet if you turn off your airrave you probably have fine 3G reception where you are. You may have dead spots in your house but you're definitely finding outside 3G signal.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB
Carrier: sprint

highwayman1224 is keeping up the good workhighwayman1224 is keeping up the good work

Believe me, there is NO 1x symbol on this phone! I'm a trucker, & I know where Sprint service is 1x or evdo, & it has NEVER shown 1x on this phone.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
airrave supports 1x, 3g, and 4g. if you live in a 3g city and have an airrave, even though you probably don't get 3G at home normally, you probably will get 3G with an airrave.
Airave is most definitely not broadcasting a 3g signal, and it is most definitely definitely not broadcasting a 4g signal. 4g uses different frequencies for starters..
Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad20_09 View Post
Airave is most definitely not broadcasting a 3g signal, and it is most definitely definitely not broadcasting a 4g signal. 4g uses different frequencies for starters..
WOW, hold on, are you telling me that my airrave is not boosting 3g or 4g.

Last edited by p-slim; 06-08-2010 at 08:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G