PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any way to tell if your on 1x or EV on the EVO?

Ive also never seen 1x on this phone. Dont think its there. Doesnt really matter to me anyway because everywhere I go (except inside some emergency rooms) I get 3g. One thing I have noticed that is a major improvement over my tp2 is the speed with which the phone goes back to 3g from 1x. On the TP2 if I got a text message while surfing or streaming music it took FOREVER to go back to 3g, sometimes I had to pause the stream for it to switch back over. This phone does it FAST and seemlessly. Also, I'm getting more bars everywhere. Im thinking the reception in this phone is better.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
WOW, hold on, are you telling me that my airrave is not boosting 3g or 4g. if so you need to call a sprint representive right now an educate yourself.
Not trying to flame you P but I called airave tech support directly at 866-556-7310 and even they told me the airave does not support 3g, it's only 1x for calls and text and data but when connected to the airave because the signal quality is so good you will have fast (for 1x) data. I know Sprint didn't turn on EV in my hometown and like I said I always have the 3g icon up top of the arrows and I know I'm still on 1x in my home town. The other thing with my airave is it locates me in Chicago, now I'm sure that's where my isp is so that is why it does it and with my TP and my TP2 it would do the same thing but on the EVO it also knocks my clock back to central time where neither my TP or TP2 did. I called airave support about this issue and hopefully it get's cleared up cause it's messing up my threaded text messages.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
Not trying to flame you P but I called airave tech support directly at 866-556-7310 and even they told me the airave does not support 3g, it's only 1x for calls and text and data but when connected to the airave because the signal quality is so good you will have fast (for 1x) data. I know Sprint didn't turn on EV in my hometown and like I said I always have the 3g icon up top of the arrows and I know I'm still on 1x in my home town. The other thing with my airave is it locates me in Chicago, now I'm sure that's where my isp is so that is why it does it and with my TP and my TP2 it would do the same thing but on the EVO it also knocks my clock back to central time where neither my TP or TP2 did. I called airave support about this issue and hopefully it get's cleared up cause it's messing up my threaded text messages.
you are correct, i got ahead of myself. i was thinking about the airave they announced back in april, but i don't think that one has been released yet, you are correct. the samsung airrave only supports 1x. new info about the new airave should be released sometime this week.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 06-08-2010 at 09:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G