PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How much longer for the Android 2.2 update?

For this one I can wait. This phone flies compared to the TP2 at the moment.

As of right now I think of the TP2 as a relationship that never happened and one that I have to deny to people who ask...
I'm just happy she fetched a nice price tag on eBay... I hope she doesn't call me while the new lady is around...
Old 06-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
For this one I can wait. This phone flies compared to the TP2 at the moment.

As of right now I think of the TP2 as a relationship that never happened and one that I have to deny to people who ask...
I'm just happy she fetched a nice price tag on eBay... I hope she doesn't call me while the new lady is around...
you can wait because its an upgrade for you, but for me who has a nexus one running froyo, i'm banging my head until a stable port is released.
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

munsterrr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to munsterrr

well Toast over at XDA has one but a few things like camera, 4g, and mms dont work. So now that there are 100,000s of 1000s of evo owners it shouldnt be too long before there is a stable working one avaiable
Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It will come and it will come to you first since you are running a N1... Looking forward to your review (hint hint)...
It's true that I can wait. I can mostly wait because I just received my phone and I am still getting used to it for the most part. All the Evo guys are still in the "awe" state right now as we just bask in our 1GHz and 4.3" screen ambiance.

Soon we will be just like you waiting for a stable release.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:55 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you can wait because its an upgrade for you, but for me who has a nexus one running froyo, i'm banging my head until a stable port is released.
Unless ya run froyo ya ain't missing it. But if I were like you and have a n1 running froyo, but my Evo didnt (if I had a Evo) I would be hurting too. To see such a beauty running outdated software .....

I love froyo and I suggest everyone to root and install froyo once a stable custom is available ..... smokes 2.1.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Uuhh, is 2.2 (Froyo) out yet?

Close to every app I download says either "Fixed to work with 2.2" or in the comments says "doesn't work with 2.2, uninstall."

What the heck!? I could have swore 2.2 hasn't been released yet. Maybe a ?beta? for the developers, but then how can the USERS who comment claim it doesn't work with Froyo (or 2.2)!? I am absolutely and utterly confused right now. blah.

If there is a leaked version of Froyo 2.2 out then do you have to root the Evo to use it?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Uuhh, is 2.2 (Froyo) out yet?

its out but not for the EVO

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Uuhh, is 2.2 (Froyo) out yet?

Uhh we have a search button....lol jk

HERE is the current discussion on this topic.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Last edited by WarChild; 06-07-2010 at 05:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout

I remember when rumors went out about the Sprint Touch Pro 2 release of the new Sense or Windows 6.5 or..gosh, wow I can't even rememeber what it was called! lol

Anyways, it seemed like we waited nearly 4 months for that (i'm sure others waited longer).

I really really really really really really hope we don't have to wait too long for this...
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
Nexus One already has it... Users can download it and install once they follow directions...

That means... We're next
The Nexus One does not have an official 2.2 update. The update that users are installing is a developer and press 2.2 that has some bugs in it still.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G