PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

brembrad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to add working video's to EVO

New to Evo coming from TP2. ANyway never turned a DVD into format for phone before. Downloaded DVD Fab to decrypt and Handbrake to convert. But during first DVD setup saw that DVD Fab had a phone format(MP4) I just let it do all the work. Movie is Count of Monte Cristo. When it was done I found the folder with all of the movie files. 3 had .idx endings which I deleted. Then I put microSD card into Laptop and copied movie from laptop to SD card. Then put card back into EVO, turned it on and went to "Videos"....Voila it came right up..... WITH NO SOUND....ugggh. Ok so there were 14 other files that were in same folder, and as I went through each one (the extra stuff on DVD) they ALL played fine-video AND sound. Where can I look to correct. Because once I figure it out, I'm gonna have one heacuva nice phone/movie player/ginormous web browser/IPHONE killer.....hahahhaha

Thanks for responses,
Brad from bremerton
Old 06-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®
Re: How to add working video's to EVO

Yea I want to know what format Android uses....I converted Avatar to what I believed was a mobile phone format......it played but was really blurry.....like when u blow up a pic with low mega pixels......
Old 06-05-2010, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Westfire is just getting started

I tried DVDFab and the movie looks great but no sound. I also tried the Handbrake instructions but the movie was not viewable. Then I downloaded AnyDVD and retried Handbrake but with the same result, the video was not viewable. I cannot figure out how to get it to work.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
Yea I want to know what format Android uses....I converted Avatar to what I believed was a mobile phone format......it played but was really blurry.....like when u blow up a pic with low mega pixels......
Ive been using a program on my pc called "wondersharemedia" it coverts videos to all sorts of formats. There's even a setting to covert it for Android, which is mp4 format (or one of them). I've been using that all last night to change stuff over for my evo and it works like a charm. Vids have been great on the evo.
dschoenike

i don't remember if wondersharemedia was free or not

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Hero/Evo4G
Carrier: Sprint

Stealth86 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post

Used Handbrake to convert from 720p to 800x480... looks AMAZING... File came out to be 1.9GB! Youch!... Good thing I shelled for a 16gb card...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Oh thanks guys.....i got this program called "any video convertor professional" ....ive been using this to convert videos for my PSP and Zune...i just noticed it had a "google android" format so ill try that and see how it works......
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

brembrad is a n00b

Is Handbrake supposed to be able to do the "decrypting" and the "converting" ? If so, what set-up options need to be changed on normal menu to allow this and allow sound. I am trying a couple different programs , just want to know which one works both sound and video from beginning to end. The picture I got from DVD Fab was awesome just no sound, but when I played the file on my pc it had both sound and video......

Thanks again,
Brad
Old 06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Ive been using a program on my pc called "wondersharemedia" it coverts videos to all sorts of formats. There's even a setting to covert it for Android, which is mp4 format (or one of them). I've been using that all last night to change stuff over for my evo and it works like a charm. Vids have been great on the evo.
dschoenike

i don't remember if wondersharemedia was free or not
Great to see you here Dschoenike! just got my yesterday as well. Starting from scratch here but dont mind one bit. Nice to just play around with stock

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G