PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   How to add working video's to EVO (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123731)

brembrad 06-05-2010 12:04 PM

How to add working video's to EVO

New to Evo coming from TP2. ANyway never turned a DVD into format for phone before. Downloaded DVD Fab to decrypt and Handbrake to convert. But during first DVD setup saw that DVD Fab had a phone format(MP4) I just let it do all the work. Movie is Count of Monte Cristo. When it was done I found the folder with all of the movie files. 3 had .idx endings which I deleted. Then I put microSD card into Laptop and copied movie from laptop to SD card. Then put card back into EVO, turned it on and went to "Videos"....Voila it came right up..... WITH NO SOUND....ugggh. Ok so there were 14 other files that were in same folder, and as I went through each one (the extra stuff on DVD) they ALL played fine-video AND sound. Where can I look to correct. Because once I figure it out, I'm gonna have one heacuva nice phone/movie player/ginormous web browser/IPHONE killer.....hahahhaha

Thanks for responses,
Brad from bremerton

RockSta® 06-05-2010 12:11 PM

Re: How to add working video's to EVO

Yea I want to know what format Android uses....I converted Avatar to what I believed was a mobile phone format......it played but was really blurry.....like when u blow up a pic with low mega pixels......

Westfire 06-05-2010 12:32 PM

I tried DVDFab and the movie looks great but no sound. I also tried the Handbrake instructions but the movie was not viewable. Then I downloaded AnyDVD and retried Handbrake but with the same result, the video was not viewable. I cannot figure out how to get it to work.

dschoenike 06-05-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockSta® (Post 1794039)
Yea I want to know what format Android uses....I converted Avatar to what I believed was a mobile phone format......it played but was really blurry.....like when u blow up a pic with low mega pixels......

Ive been using a program on my pc called "wondersharemedia" it coverts videos to all sorts of formats. There's even a setting to covert it for Android, which is mp4 format (or one of them). I've been using that all last night to change stuff over for my evo and it works like a charm. Vids have been great on the evo.
dschoenike

i don't remember if wondersharemedia was free or not :(

Stealth86 06-05-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockSta® (Post 1794039)

Used Handbrake to convert from 720p to 800x480... looks AMAZING... File came out to be 1.9GB! Youch!... Good thing I shelled for a 16gb card...

RockSta® 06-05-2010 03:38 PM

Oh thanks guys.....i got this program called "any video convertor professional" ....ive been using this to convert videos for my PSP and Zune...i just noticed it had a "google android" format so ill try that and see how it works......

brembrad 06-05-2010 08:38 PM

Is Handbrake supposed to be able to do the "decrypting" and the "converting" ? If so, what set-up options need to be changed on normal menu to allow this and allow sound. I am trying a couple different programs , just want to know which one works both sound and video from beginning to end. The picture I got from DVD Fab was awesome just no sound, but when I played the file on my pc it had both sound and video......

Thanks again,
Brad

Riley 06-05-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 1794093)
Ive been using a program on my pc called "wondersharemedia" it coverts videos to all sorts of formats. There's even a setting to covert it for Android, which is mp4 format (or one of them). I've been using that all last night to change stuff over for my evo and it works like a charm. Vids have been great on the evo.
dschoenike

i don't remember if wondersharemedia was free or not :(

Great to see you here Dschoenike! just got my yesterday as well. Starting from scratch here but dont mind one bit. Nice to just play around with stock :)