PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: None

wigiwagons is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to flash an Evo to Bell instead of sprint? They have the same cdma bands i believe.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drnick5 is just getting started
Newbie rooting/flashing help!

Hey folks,

I rooted my phone a while ago but never flashed any custom roms, I mainly used it for setCPU and having free wireless teather. I'm intersted in flashing to a gingerbread based rom, preferebly with sense baked in. any suggestions as to which ROM to go with?

I used the unrevoked 3 method that came out before the latest OTA....I know since then unrevoked has been updated. do I need to re do the root process before flashing?

I booted to the bootloader and found this info if its helpful:

evt2-2 ship S-off
hboot 0.97
microp-041f
Touch panel-atmelc03_16ac
Radio-2.15.00.09.01
aug 19 2010

i'm also concerned about keeping my apps. all my contacts and email are backed up to my exchange server, so i don't care about that, but the apps would be helpful to not have to reinstall everything. I downloaded titanium backup but it force closes every time I launch it. I already made a Nandroid backup via the bootloader..but will i be able to pull my apps form that backup? or do I need titanium backup (or some equilivent) to work? what should I do?

Thanks in advance!
could someone tell me if I need to re root?

Last edited by drnick5; 04-23-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bckoolaid is just getting started
Re: Newbie rooting/flashing help!

You don't need to root again. I would uninstall Titanium backup and reinstall to see if that fixes the FC problem then you can do batch backups of all your apps then restore on the new rom. Keep in mind some of the apps may not restore properly if at all, just depends if they support gingerbread. Until an official release comes out there aren't any GB Sense roms as far as I know. I used Deck's GB rom for a few days and it was really nice.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Im using auto root 2.5 and it will not root my phone. I'm a paraplegic and my best friend was doing the process from his computor in fl on mine. Can someone help me please. I'd be willing to give you access to my computor to do it. I have the rom I want just need to root the phone and learn android. I can swap roms all day long on wm on my tp2.Please email me parasurfer1979@gmail.com. Thank anyone for your help.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Newbie rooting/flashing help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
Hey folks,

I rooted my phone a while ago but never flashed any custom roms, I mainly used it for setCPU and having free wireless teather. I'm intersted in flashing to a gingerbread based rom, preferebly with sense baked in. any suggestions as to which ROM to go with?

I used the unrevoked 3 method that came out before the latest OTA....I know since then unrevoked has been updated. do I need to re do the root process before flashing?

I booted to the bootloader and found this info if its helpful:

evt2-2 ship S-off
hboot 0.97
microp-041f
Touch panel-atmelc03_16ac
Radio-2.15.00.09.01
aug 19 2010

i'm also concerned about keeping my apps. all my contacts and email are backed up to my exchange server, so i don't care about that, but the apps would be helpful to not have to reinstall everything. I downloaded titanium backup but it force closes every time I launch it. I already made a Nandroid backup via the bootloader..but will i be able to pull my apps form that backup? or do I need titanium backup (or some equilivent) to work? what should I do?

Thanks in advance!
could someone tell me if I need to re root?
Well, I recommend Fresh Rom and your going to have to wipe everything so ether way your going to need to re-DL your apps. I would recommend that anyways but with fresh you will never have to wipe again. (if you stay fresh that is)

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

joelcop is a n00b
nandroid

I have been doing nandroid backup/restore of everything on my phone. When would I leave out some parts such as android secure, cache, data, etc?
I am currently using RA supersonic v2.3 for recovery.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

chhilliewillie is just getting started

hey i just rooted my evo, and used a rooted stock evo ROM from here --> [ROM] RUU SuperSonic EvO 3.70.651.1 OTA - Stock - Sense - Deodexed & Odexed Version - xda-developers

im a little confused about this radio update from where i downloaded ^

do i also flash this radio after i flash the rooted stock rom? what does the radio do? what happens if i do/don't flash the radio?

thanks for helping

edit: also... will updateing profile, PRL, or firmware effect my root or my flashed rom?
thanks

Last edited by chhilliewillie; 05-14-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhilliewillie View Post
hey i just rooted my evo, and used a rooted stock evo ROM from here --> [ROM] RUU SuperSonic EvO 3.70.651.1 OTA - Stock - Sense - Deodexed & Odexed Version - xda-developers

im a little confused about this radio update from where i downloaded ^

do i also flash this radio after i flash the rooted stock rom? what does the radio do? what happens if i do/don't flash the radio?

thanks for helping

edit: also... will updateing profile, PRL, or firmware effect my root or my flashed rom?
thanks
before you rooted what version firmware were you on?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 05-15-2011, 06:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Just curious, I got a replacement phone sent to me last week. Hboot is 2.10 Can I still do the root process like I did with my previous evo?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:11 AM
N00b

dcharleyultra is just getting started
You should be able to, as long as it's compatible with 2.10.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos