PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 08:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dcharleyultra is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
With Amon-RA recovery, before flashing a different ROM, wipe everything except sd card.

Are you sure the ROM zip has not been corrupted? Have you checked the MD5 hash?

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2011, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

mikeinstlouis is a n00b
Re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

yes. I checked and it is not corrupted.
I did a format_all.zip flash, so I should be starting clean.

any other suggestions?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dcharleyultra is just getting started
Instead of using that zip flash, manually wipe everything in the Amon-RA Wipe menu EXCEPT the sd card.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

superflysocal is just getting started

If one has HBoot 2.10, which rooting method is recommended? Is hboot 2.10 more recent than 2.02? If so, should one follow the rooting method for 2.02 instead of one-click?
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
If one has HBoot 2.10, which rooting method is recommended? Is hboot 2.10 more recent than 2.02? If so, should one follow the rooting method for 2.02 instead of one-click?
Unrevoked

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

d34d85 is a n00b

i flash the latest hboot 2.16.0001 and now i cant change my radio or pri its just stuck. i use to be on hboot 0.76 is there any possibility to revert back to hboot 0.76 my hardware is 0003. it was a curiosity when i flash it from the latest hboot and now i want it back
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34d85 View Post
i flash the latest hboot 2.16.0001 and now i cant change my radio or pri its just stuck. i use to be on hboot 0.76 is there any possibility to revert back to hboot 0.76 my hardware is 0003. it was a curiosity when i flash it from the latest hboot and now i want it back
Nope

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk
Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34d85 View Post
According to Calkulin that hboot is not downgradeable.

[ Radios ][ 7-4 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

Have you tried his radio zips? They always work for me without an issue.
I'm on hboot 2.10 fwiw.

EDIT: Karl beat me. Sup Bro!
Old 07-09-2011, 01:19 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
According to Calkulin that hboot is not downgradeable.

[ Radios ][ 7-4 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

Have you tried his radio zips? They always work for me without an issue.
I'm on hboot 2.10 fwiw.

EDIT: Karl beat me. Sup Bro!
where you been man? did ya get the E3D?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

mikeinstlouis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinstlouis View Post
I sure hope this is the right place for this.

I have an EVO that I rooted with UNREVOKED about a month ago.

Yesterday afternoon, I tried to flash to the new MYN, VIRUS etc Synergy Rom with the cool Sense UI, BUT!! Dumb me, who was up working all night long was not reading correctly and flashed the ROM for the HTC Incredible. I flashed the right one(for the EVO) the prior night ...it worked great...decided that I wanted it and was going to go back to what I had, do a titanium backup so I could put my apps on the new cool Synergy Rom

Yeah Yeah I know, dumb thing..I've already beat myself up enough. LOL

I obviously got an error. So, then I tried to restore my Nandroid backups that I had previously made, but these now caused errors too..which they never had before.

I pulled the battery and then couldn't even get into clockwork mod, I just went to the white HTC screen.

I was thankfully able to flash Clockwork MOD to at least be able to get into a recovery screen.

I did so, and flashed my Myn 2.2 ROM which thankfully installed.

Today, I went back to try to flash the Synergy ROM that I had originally wanted to flash and the flash was complete.

HOWEVER, when I rebooted, it just kept going to the white HTC screen, hanging and then rebooting to the white HTC screen over and over.

I tried to start all over by doing a data wipe/factory restore and to wipe the Dalvik Cache, and the regular cache..

When I did this, I got an error trying to flash the Dalvek Cache:
E:Can't mount/dev/block/mmcb1k0p2
File exists.

I was at least able to get back to my Myn 2.2
I requested help on the EVO forum and was told to change to Amon RA.

I successfully flashed the Supersonic Amon RA recovery mod

I wiped the data, cache, Dalvik Cache, and android security and I tried to flash the ROM from here and the same problem happened again...the little indicator bar didn't go all the way to the end and it said that the flash from the zip was complete. I rebooted to the same white HTC screen that turns off..reboots...white HTC screen, reboots etc.

So..my problems are that I can't restore my old CWM Nandroid backups (while I had CWM) and I can't Flash this new ROM.

The crazy thing is that it worked beautifully the night before last, and the only reason I went back to my MYN Warm 2.2 was so that I could make a titanium backup. I went back to the INCREDIBLE page (unknowingly) and thought that it was a new and updated ROM so I got rid of the right one and flashed the wrong one! Hey...I was up delivering babies all night so I was tired..so go easy on me.

Am I hosed or is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
I have wiped everything with AMON RA about a billion times. When I go to clockworkmod, I get the same errors and I think the problem likes there...

I tried to wipe the MYN, but when wiping the Dalvik Cache, I got the following error:.

Can't mount dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(file exits). .

Trying to restore nandroid..
checking md5sums...
erasing boot before restore...
restoring boot image...
error while flashing boot image.

Does this help?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos