PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

jayweezie21 is keeping up the good workjayweezie21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jayweezie21
Re: Root new OTA with 4 clicks!

nice. only took me 4 hours to do it the other night with the other method. smh.

http://tinyurl.com/36kz7b7
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SunnyGeek is just getting started

This is not for those with Macs. *sigh*
Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Ok I got impatient and just went ahead and finished the rest of the steps for toastcf pt 1 & 2. I installed a stock (rooted ??) version of 1.47.651.1. Then I also did the no adb full rooting method for 1.47.651.1 and for the most part I seem to be ok but screwy stuff is going on for me with the Market?? Its 3:45am and I have to get up at 7 so I guess I better go to sleep now
If you were on .6 and successfully completed Toast I & II then you were done. Sounds like you also successfully flashed a rooted version of Stock 1.47. Again, boom. Done.
Not sure why you then did another root method
You are most likely fine, just lost a little sleep

As far as the Market goes-what exactly are you seeing? How did you restore your data/settings?
You may need to wipe and re-flash.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You extract the files into one folder.

And if you own a mac you probably own a iphone
Old 07-09-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

supers2k is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to supers2k Send a message via Yahoo to supers2k

Simpleroot doesnt work i get to step one and it errors out saying i have an older version update failed reboot....
Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lalord69 is a n00b
Re: help stuck

i just cant get it right.

I already "flash" the first pc36img

Im stuck at the second step where you renamed the pc36img. I already renamed it both and when i tried thru the android terminal and input the code and everything is fine until i go to the bootloader, it reads my sd and it reads the pc26img but then it changes back to the main menu of the boot loader!! it never start procesing the file!!! need help

I tried thru the pc also but it keeps doing the same thing...
Old 07-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

liljah36388 is a n00b
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Im Having the same issue as Claude9039u can someone please help us cuz ive done this like 100x i got so frustrated i left took a break went played xbox 4 alil and then came bak and tried some more and still havent got it... please help
Old 07-09-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

secondechomatt is a n00b

I think the pc36img file is corrupted. The sdx downloads page is down, at least for me. I'm having the same issue as the past two posters.

Can someone host the correct file for download. I'm stuck at that point. Well, not stuck perse, but would like to finish up my root process.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
If you were on .6 and successfully completed Toast I & II then you were done. Sounds like you also successfully flashed a rooted version of Stock 1.47. Again, boom. Done.
Not sure why you then did another root method
You are most likely fine, just lost a little sleep

As far as the Market goes-what exactly are you seeing? How did you restore your data/settings?
You may need to wipe and re-flash.
I think I only only had simple root of 1.32.651.6 to begin with. I did the little adb check method and kept getting a $ instead of a #, so I went & tried to do Toast I & II all over again. Kept getting errors but kept going cuz I didn't know what would happen if I just stopped halfway through. Did the little adb check thingy again, and still a $ instead of a #.

I guess I just flashed the supposedly already rooted 1.47.651.1 in hopes it would fix everything but it didn't, I checked to see if I had full root and I didn't. And I think I lost my pt 1 root too because none of my apps that need root will work and most of them aren't showing up in the market for me to reinstall.

I can't flash into recovery either...the screen just turns to /i\ and is stuck. The only way for me to get it out of that screen is to take the battery off.

Also my build # showing in my system info now is 1.32.651.1 CL171253 test-keys

I have not been asleep in more than 24 hrs now cuz I cant figure out what the hec is wrong & get my phone back to normal
Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

Quoting from the first post:

"A. Super easy way to figure out if you're rooted.
  1. <LI itxtvisited="1">Make sure USB Debugging is on.
    Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging should be checked <LI itxtvisited="1">Connect your phone using "Charge Only"
  2. Open a "Run" window and type "c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell"
/end quote

For that to work, you need to have installed the evo-recovery first. No big deal. Just a fly-by observation.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos