PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

so after you full root with NAND unlock, do the orginal HTC splash remains?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
so after you full root with NAND unlock, do the orginal HTC splash remains?
Yup, when you restore the Nand backup you made, or flash a new ROM, the new 4G one will be back.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

I'm trying the Fresh Evo 0.3 but it did not come back.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
I'm trying the Fresh Evo 0.3 but it did not come back.
Did you do a Nand backup? Restore that first then go cusotm.
Dont know why it didnt come back with Fresh
I was applying WinMo flash/cooking knowlege earlier, maybe the boot animation is NOT necessarily included with the ROM and stored on the phone elsewhere?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what does nanadroid do? backup everything on ur sd card?
Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
what does nanadroid do? backup everything on ur sd card?
Hey tj, check what I said HERE

The files on your SD card are left intact if you flash ROM's. In WinMo the files were "at risk" during the flashing process so I always flashed from SD with a spare card without any important files on it. I haven't seen anything like that mentioned for Android.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-20-2010 at 11:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I followed the instructions in the first post and it worked for me. I think it wasn't working before because I was typing the commands into a DOS promp instead of the Run box. I'm now running the OMJ ROM. Thanks OP.

I didn't try the "Unlocking NAND Protection" yet. I'll wait for the idiot proof instructions...
Old 06-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I followed the instructions in the first post and it worked for me. I think it wasn't working before because I was typing the commands into a DOS promp instead of the Run box. I'm now running the OMJ ROM. Thanks OP.

I didn't try the "Unlocking NAND Protection" yet. I'll wait for the idiot proof instructions...
I used this a few hours ago to finish the rooting

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=701835

Last edited by tj.iscool; 06-20-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post

Quote:

They ARE idiot proof...I was able to do it
Seriously, unless Fast comes to your house and does it for you it doesn't get any easier.
Fast's tutorial and tj's link are the same instructions. Plus, Fast has a video to watch.
One note-in Fast's instructions-dont worry about HTC Snyc, just use Charge Only, as long as USB Debugging is enabled you'll be fine.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

I have a couple questions...

1: So you just followed the instructions in the first post of this thread to root, and then for the "Unlocking NAND Protection" you followd the instructions in that link? Or did you root using that link too (the part 1 or whatever)?

2: If I am rooted and running a custom ROM right now, and I follow the instructions in that link to "Unlocking NAND Protection" will that wipe all my settings and stuff?

3: Are the pc36(whatever) and recovery files in that link the same ones in this thread or do I need to download all of those files (even with the same name as the ones in this thread)?

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 06-20-2010 at 03:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos