PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

scottmail is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

I have finished rooting the phone, but I cannot find out how to put a ROM on the phone. I have done this tons of time with WM 6.5, but just can't understand the process, naming of the files, etc. please point me in the right direction.
thanks!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmail View Post
I have finished rooting the phone, but I cannot find out how to put a ROM on the phone. I have done this tons of time with WM 6.5, but just can't understand the process, naming of the files, etc. please point me in the right direction.
thanks!
Which root process did you do?
This tutorial tells you how to flash a ROM. What are you having trouble with? What ROM are you trying to install?
Most ROM's come in a flashable zip file. You put it on your card. Boot into Recovery and there will be a Menu option about flashing a zip (exact menu wording depends which Recovery you are running). Select the zip you want and your golden.
Some ROMs may be in the PC36IMG file format then you use that the same way you used that file format during the root process. Put it on your card and boot into bootloader and let your device read the file.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Which root process did you do?
This tutorial tells you how to flash a ROM. What are you having trouble with? What ROM are you trying to install?
Most ROM's come in a flashable zip file. You put it on your card. Boot into Recovery and there will be a Menu option about flashing a zip (exact menu wording depends which Recovery you are running). Select the zip you want and your golden.
Some ROMs may be in the PC36IMG file format then you use that the same way you used that file format during the root process. Put it on your card and boot into bootloader and let your device read the file.

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I figured this out. Booting into recovery through me off but now I have got it.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me. I think I figured this out. Booting into recovery through me off but now I have got it.
Maybe I am an idiot...I am trying to put the new Ava-Froyo Rom on the phone. But it just keeps looping the boot screen.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Maybe I am an idiot...I am trying to put the new Ava-Froyo Rom on the phone. But it just keeps looping the boot screen.
Did you wipe first? Factory reset and wipe Dalvik cache and try again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

So I got this message that there was an update available so I did it. Now I have FROYO.
Now I'm not rooted anymore!!!

How do I root after the 2.2 update?

Haha... just wanted to be the first to post that in this thread.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

curtiscr87 is a n00b
FINALLY ROOTED!!!! (or i think)

Ok so i just rooted my phone method:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=792

im just making sure i have everything right:

my software information
firmware version-2.1-update 1

baseband version 1.39.00.04.26 (updated from http://geekfor.me/evo/radio/radio139000531/)

kernel version- 2.6.29-a2443432

build number- 1.32.651.6 CL171253

software number- 1.32.651.6

I just put the regular sprint rom ( http://geekfor.me/evo/21/ota1326516/ ) on it for now. i have the wifi tether working.

Does Everything look right as far as the root goes? im just making sure i have done everything right.

Also im wanting to delete some of the apps off of my phone like the sprint ones is there anyway i can do that?
and what is a good rom to use other than this regular sprint rooted rom?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:30 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
To get rid of programs, you should use root explorer.

Then go to system/apps and make sure its set to rw so you can delete. Then find what you wanna delete, long press the app then delete

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2010, 05:54 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
So I got this message that there was an update available so I did it. Now I have FROYO.
Now I'm not rooted anymore!!!

How do I root after the 2.2 update?

Haha... just wanted to be the first to post that in this thread.
how did you get that. It hasnt been pushed yet....lol its ok I DLed the update too.
I dont think there is a Rooting process yet you might have to give it a few days.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: FINALLY ROOTED!!!! (or i think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiscr87 View Post
Ok so i just rooted my phone method:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=792

im just making sure i have everything right:

my software information
firmware version-2.1-update 1

baseband version 1.39.00.04.26 (updated from http://geekfor.me/evo/radio/radio139000531/)

kernel version- 2.6.29-a2443432

build number- 1.32.651.6 CL171253

software number- 1.32.651.6

I just put the regular sprint rom ( http://geekfor.me/evo/21/ota1326516/ ) on it for now. i have the wifi tether working.

Does Everything look right as far as the root goes? im just making sure i have done everything right.

Also im wanting to delete some of the apps off of my phone like the sprint ones is there anyway i can do that?
and what is a good rom to use other than this regular sprint rooted rom?

Looks good as far as rooting goes. Good job.

Root explorer works or you can just use rm at the adb shell to get rid of them... look around and you will find a few different methods to remove the bloatware.

Code:
adb remount
adb shell
cd /system/app
ls
rm NameOfapp.apk
rm NameOfapp.odex <--if it has one
BTW, 2 posts and you got everything done. Good job, can tell you actually took some time to read and figure out whats going on. props.

Last edited by apristel; 07-31-2010 at 06:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos