PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why I don't want it for now

1) 720p recording is too jerky and too over compressed, cannot replace a dedicated 1080p pocket HD camcorder like Flip, Kodak Zx3 or Sanyo VPC-CG20.

2) No keyboard. With a on-screen keyboard, I cannot see the original message while reply.

3) WiMax is still in few cities and signal is much weaker than 3G. My city is covered but I cannot get a 4G signal in MANY places, especially indoors. WiMax uses 2500MHz, far more sensitive to walls and trees than the already too spotty Sprint 3G (1900Mhz).

4) Battery life is too short, hardly lasts a day. Even a laptop these days can last a whole day with power on.

So, what that 1GHz processing power can do for me, for now and for the future?
Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Why I don't want it for now

Thanks for sharing
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

file me under don't care. Your reasons are mediocre at best.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Yeah ok, you are doing yourself such an injustice its almost comical. As far as the camera, I mean seriously are you trying to shoot the next avatar movie or something?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:25 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good story bro!

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Translation: Sprint denied me enough credit, and I don't have the money
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I vote this post of the the day, LMAO^
Old 06-04-2010, 01:27 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! You definitely get a thanks for this.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:29 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Lol. I was just about to write something similar!!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
1) 720p recording is too jerky and too over compressed, cannot replace a dedicated 1080p pocket HD camcorder like Flip, Kodak Zx3 or Sanyo VPC-CG20.

2) No keyboard. With a on-screen keyboard, I cannot see the original message while reply.

3) WiMax is still in few cities and signal is much weaker than 3G. My city is covered but I cannot get a 4G signal in MANY places, especially indoors. WiMax uses 2500MHz, far more sensitive to walls and trees than the already too spotty Sprint 3G (1900Mhz).

4) Battery life is too short, hardly lasts a day. Even a laptop these days can last a whole day with power on.

So, what that 1GHz processing power can do for me, for now and for the future?
1) You cant compare a cellphone to a dedicated camera/camcorder. No one should buy a cellphone based on the camera. However as far as cellphone cameras go, this one is probably the best.
2) In landscape you cant see the text youre replying to but you can in portrait and the phone is large enough to be able to type comfortably in portrait but small enough to fit in one hand. Also, you can use voice to text which works pretty darn good.
3) I dont have 4g either but so far I've gotten double the download speed I had with the tp2. This thing is fast!!!
4) If youve had a smartphone in the past you should be pretty used to crappy battery life with heavy data use. However there are ways to improve battery life that the reviewers that have had bad experiences didnt mention. Make sure 4g is off. Bluetooth off if youre not using it. wifi off if youre not using it. Setting push internet from every 5 minutes (or any low number) to every 30 or so. Increases battery life tremendously!

The reviews Ive read all have the reviewers using huge amounts of data and tinkering with the phone nonstop. One reviewer comparing the phone to another (iphone i believe) used the evo much more than the other phone and downrated the evo because it died first.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G