PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WTF was I thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInMD View Post
HQ Youtube videos even over 3g is great. Full screen, great resolution and smooth frame rates.
Yeah, this. The Sprint rep at BB told me I couldn't use HQ YT on EVDO but I can and it works fantastic. No hiccups.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
Brethern,

My appointment is not until 3:30pm!!! Stop making me feel bad!!! If I had mine, I would be doing the same thing!!!
You are close...

I take it from your pic that you may be in Dallas? If so, let me know how your 4G reacts. I have not picked up a 4G signal yet - not sure if it takes a few hours for all the provisioning to kick in or what...
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Threadstarter

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInMD View Post
HQ Youtube videos even over 3g is great. Full screen, great resolution and smooth frame rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yeah, this. The Sprint rep at BB told me I couldn't use HQ YT on EVDO but I can and it works fantastic. No hiccups.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I remember hearing somewhere that youtube hq would only be available on 4g or wifi but it runs perfectly on 3g. I mean seriously, this phone is running so fast on 3g I am just gonna leave 4g off for now.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Crazy Fast!!! Also, coming from the TP2 and will not miss it at all! 3g speeds are doubled what they were on my TP2. 1.5mbps compared to 700kbps I got yesterday. There was a guy in line with me earlier complaining about the 10dollar fee saying since we dont have 4g we wont use more data. With double the speed I can be sure to use more data than before! Loving it!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I remember hearing somewhere that youtube hq would only be available on 4g or wifi but it runs perfectly on 3g. I mean seriously, this phone is running so fast on 3g I am just gonna leave 4g off for now.
My experience too, running the Netflix Roku box feeding movies to my TV. I don't even care about 4G anymore
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I should have switched to android a very long time ago and now I am kicking myself in the ass for wasting money on that damn tp2. I got to say that this is by far the greatest cellular/multimedia/ect.. experience ever. This phone is fast, even my girlfriend is stunned at how bad ass this phone is. Even my 3g is smoking, I have been averaging 2.2megs down and 720kbps up all day long and luckily I also live in 4g market. With no 4g bars in my house I still get 3meg down and 900kbps up. As far as using my wifi I was getting 14megs down and 3 megs up using comcast. This phone rocks, thank you sprint and thank you htc.
I felt the same way. I was angry at myself for sticking to WinMo for as long as I did. Its literally a "relief" .
Old 06-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Threadstarter

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
I felt the same way. I was angry at myself for sticking to WinMo for as long as I did. Its literally a "relief" .
LOL, now I understand that movie with whitney houston, "waiting to exhale". This really is a breath of fresh air. I still cant believe how long I was swinging on microsofts winmo nuts.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Well.......I'm glad I waited for this phone but this thing is A BEAST! The web browser is A LOT FASTER than on my Touch Pro 2.............any site I go to loads within milliseconds....FAST AS HELL.....along with the phone just being fast and these live wallpapers are the feces too! I just need to know how to install apps off my memory card?!
get astro file manager from the market.. itll let u install apk's from there
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Welcome to the dark side fellas lol
Old 06-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Lurker

lovetohateme is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to lovetohateme