PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTF was I thinking?

I should have switched to android a very long time ago and now I am kicking myself in the ass for wasting money on that damn tp2. I got to say that this is by far the greatest cellular/multimedia/ect.. experience ever. This phone is fast, even my girlfriend is stunned at how bad ass this phone is. Even my 3g is smoking, I have been averaging 2.2megs down and 720kbps up all day long and luckily I also live in 4g market. With no 4g bars in my house I still get 3meg down and 900kbps up. As far as using my wifi I was getting 14megs down and 3 megs up using comcast. This phone rocks, thank you sprint and thank you htc.

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: WTF was I thinking?

Well.......I'm glad I waited for this phone but this thing is A BEAST! The web browser is A LOT FASTER than on my Touch Pro 2.............any site I go to loads within milliseconds....FAST AS HELL.....along with the phone just being fast and these live wallpapers are the feces too! I just need to know how to install apps off my memory card?!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1... I'm stunned at how amazing this phone is and the OS too. To think I was worried about having to adapt coming from WinMo for years. This thing seems to have adapted to me instead. There's still a few things I'm working on though like the capacitive buttons I keep pressing them to hard thinking there gonna click...

Down with WinMo and iPhone...!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

Yeah this phone rocks. Browsing the web is a pleasure unlike using the touch pro. LOL Everything just flies. Best phone ever IMO.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:42 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Now yall see the beauty of android like I did when I switched from my tp2 to my n1... screw winmo huh... enjoy the Evo guys ... its awesome

Last edited by Dragon2; 06-04-2010 at 11:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Yep. I love it. I also live in 4G market, but I haven't been getting a signal at my current location - we'll see how it is at home. That being said, it is smokin fast on 3G, really really great so far.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

I'm with you, this is by far the best phone experience I've had...AND the first phone I didn't feel I had to Flash immediately. Unlike winmo, it works rather well out of the box, imagine that!

I lucked out with 4g, I'm getting 75-100% signal so far everywhere I've been. Will have to run some speed tests over lunch. That said even 3g feels so much faster than my previous phones. sick!

Last edited by codeman05; 06-04-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:53 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I hung on to WinMo for too long too .... I love this phone and it runs so much better than the TP2!

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jrob is becoming a great contributor

Brethern,

My appointment is not until 3:30pm!!! Stop making me feel bad!!! If I had mine, I would be doing the same thing!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

HQ Youtube videos even over 3g is great. Full screen, great resolution and smooth frame rates.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G