PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

zeeyo987 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: battery life good or bad

would u say its the same as a tp2 with like mightyrom installed or just a stock tp2, mightyrom and other roms def increase the battery by a lot and so does changing the radio
Old 05-31-2010, 04:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6850 Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

rugalfury is a n00b

So we can use batteries from the hero on the evo?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

^^yes
Old 05-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugalfury View Post
So we can use batteries from the hero on the evo?
Yup,TP2 & EVO use the exact same battery.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbai2 View Post
If there's a day that's packed full of conferences and I'm bored enough to surf the web for hours, it knocks it down to about 10 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I have my EVO for about 3 days now,the battery life is pretty much the same compare to my TP2.I did a test yesterday to stream internet radio on both devices,TP2 lasted 3 hours 50 minutes vs EVO 3 hours 43 minutes both on good 3G coverage.
wow, then what the hell is techcrunch talking about with their "review from an iphone user" battery statement.
Quote:
Doing what I would consider to be moderate usage of the web, texting, taking pictures, etc. The EVO? Good luck getting more than 4 hours of moderate usage out of this bad boy. It’s almost unfathomable how bad the battery is in this thing.
4 hours of "moderate" usage? hmm... Sounds to me he really means continuous usage.

Anyway, if it's like the tp2 then that's good!
We need more evo users to chime in here and give their results. light, moderate and heavy usage stats please.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Al View Post
Well folks, it's 8:25PM, so 11.5 hours since the test started, with 4G and GPS on the entire time. The phone forced itself to shut down with 1% battery remaining. Made one huge 50MB upload via 4G of a 1.5 minute 720p video to YouTube which really hammered the battery (took 35 minutes). In that 35 minutes the battery went from 50% to 25%.
So, with what I think is pretty hard use with GPS and 4G on all day, with one large upload to YouTube, watching some youtube, taking a bunch of video, uploading screenshots and photos to flickr, listening to pandora, e-mail, phone calls, web browsing, twitter/friendstream, a bit of Skype/Fring, google maps, and several app downloads, the battery and EVO performed admirably!

I will definitely keep a spare battery on hand and I have a battery charger that doubles as a USB phone charger too. But really, all told, I'm pretty impressed.

A few notes:
At 15% battery, the unlock screen gave a visual warning to plug in the phone
At 5% battery, the phone chirped an alarm and gave a visual warning to plug in the phone.
At 1% the phone seemed to do an orderly shut down (with enough time for me to take a screen shot)

The phone still went 1 hour 37 minutes between 15% charge alarm and 1% shut down and I was still taking video and uploading screen shots much of the time.

Here are some screen shots for you to check out:

you can follow the thread here. it seems a little too much though, mine isnt THAT good

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks...remaining.html
Old 06-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Anyone trading in their TP2 for the EVO? Im planning on trading mine in for a few bucks off, around 80 to be proximate, and Im going to try to keep the battery. If they take a few dollars off the trade in value im good with that. Anyone else?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Anyone trading in their TP2 for the EVO? Im planning on trading mine in for a few bucks off, around 80 to be proximate, and Im going to try to keep the battery. If they take a few dollars off the trade in value im good with that. Anyone else?
I'm selling my TP2 with accessories on craigslist for $250. So basically I'm getting the Evo for free plus a profit of $50. And in your case I think you can get more than 80 for it, I think somebody here mentioned that they got more than 80 from BB without their battery.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
you can follow the thread here. it seems a little too much though, mine isnt THAT good

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks...remaining.html
Yep, this is a good one. This dude had 4G on all day, which is encouraging. Most of what I heard sounds really good re: battery.

Of course, everyone will have different results due to signal strengths and usage, but what is good to hear is that it is not a 3 hours and done biotch (which I feared).

Can't wait!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

soo.. I went to retailer who had a chance to check out the Evo through their Sprint rep, and said it was ok on battery power. However, "make sure whoever you buy the Evo from to run through a program called Renew Now"...I believe she said. It must be an app to control battery consumption or regulate usage throughout the phone. Anyone know of this sort of app?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G