PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Posting from my $400 Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post
Nice! A great first impression. I live in Vegas and 4G is widespread here, so this is a HUGE selling point for me.
What kind of battery life have you noticed? This seems to be the biggest complaint right now. My TP2 gets about a day, but it's barely been lasting me as of lately.
To compare the 3G to 4G, I've got a test for you. Have you tried using Opera Mini? On my Touch Pro 2 it super charges the internet, I rarely ever complain about slow loading of any type.

I'd love to see a Opera Mini 3G vs 4G and a Dolphin 3G vs 4G comparison if anyone could demo it.
I know that Mini loads the website on Opera's server then compresses the data and sends it over to your mobile handset. I just wonder if there really is a need for a 4G connection with this cloud computing technology.

I just read this TechCrunch article by a iPhone lover and he grilled the Evo BAD. I feel as if he's extremely bias though and probably just feels "threatened" by a phone with such potential.

I am starting to get a bit irritated by the iPhone 4G. The 'leaked' screen resolution of 960 x 640 does make me uneasy. I love having WVGA and more pixels per inch always has me interested.
Th battery life has been pretty good. Not as good as my TP2, but to be fair I have been using it a lot. I will have to wait a little while once the initial excitement wares off and I stop using It constantly to pass final judgement. But considering everything this phone is able to do then its still pretty good.
Might get a Seido slimline extended battery on eBay though if there are any good prices.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster94 View Post
Th battery life has been pretty good. Not as good as my TP2, but to be fair I have been using it a lot. I will have to wait a little while once the initial excitement wares off and I stop using It constantly to pass final judgement. But considering everything this phone is able to do then its still pretty good.
Might get a Seido slimline extended battery on eBay though if there are any good prices.
That's the way I'm looking at it. Worst case scenario I get myself an extended life battery, especially since the EVO is a lot thinner than my TP2.
I use my TP2 heavily and the battery life isn't enough for me. So this makes me a bit weary of adopting the Evo.

Are you using 4G or 3G?

Thanks for the update! I'm to be stalking these forums until the 9th, as that's when I get back from vacation. As much as I do want the EVO, I want to know what I'm getting myself into. Especially since this is the first 4G phone.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobryan26 View Post
Since you seem to be having a hard time getting use to it I'll give you $300 for it and you can go back to life as you know it with your TP2. LOL
With time I think you'll get use to it. I'm still on a TP and anxiously awaiting my EVO on the 4th. I've never had Android so I know this is going to be a challenge for me as well.
Well, the software issues/conflicts have now begun for me:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123035
Old 05-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post
That's the way I'm looking at it. Worst case scenario I get myself an extended life battery, especially since the EVO is a lot thinner than my TP2.
I use my TP2 heavily and the battery life isn't enough for me. So this makes me a bit weary of adopting the Evo.

Are you using 4G or 3G?

Thanks for the update! I'm to be stalking these forums until the 9th, as that's when I get back from vacation. As much as I do want the EVO, I want to know what I'm getting myself into. Especially since this is the first 4G phone.
I have been using 3G and keeping the 4G radio off to conserve the battery. I only used the 4G once which was when I was in DC, it was plugged in then though so im not sure how much it would have drained the battery.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

LOL that TechCrunch article was a very fun read, along with comments. "I don't like X. Since Apple forces me to use Y, I don't want to know that I can change X to look like Y, Z, A, B, C!"

Shit, I know that my Apple fanboy friend will shit a brick when he sees the Evo.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G