PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 05:10 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Carrier: Sprint

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo root is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
yeah you're correct. until i'm rooted, i will not install any ota updates. ignore them all. all hero users who were running custom roms and then flashed the official 2.1 update can't even root their phones now.
That shouldn't really be an issue right, you know, since the Evo has already been rooted?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
That shouldn't really be an issue right, you know, since the Evo has already been rooted?
yeah but the process hasn't been published, and when they turn our phones on they may download an ota update right after activation. htc couldve already created an update and since phones have already been shipped out, there is no way to flash them, except by ota. the phones in the stores right now waiting to be activated have the same software as ones that google i/o had, and for sure those can be rooted. if htc sends out an ota and you apply the ota, the root process they have right now for the evo may not work if an ota update is applied.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
I don't know. I am still learning, but I do plan on cooking up some ROMs. I also plan on taking advantage of OTA updates, seeing if I can tweak it so I can provide them.
What I would do is create your custom ROM, and as updates are released, add them to your kitchen, and re-flash

can't wait for next week, I've got a custom ROM ready to test!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Evo root is here. UPDATE 5/26/10

Check OP, it has been updated with the latest info from the people who rooted the evo.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

markus_del_marko is just getting started

Is it true though that the evo may not ship with the final 2.1 build? I heard someone say on xda that when sprint rolls out the final they may patch the root as they did for the hero RUU.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
Is it true though that the evo may not ship with the final 2.1 build? I heard someone say on xda that when sprint rolls out the final they may patch the root as they did for the hero RUU.
the evo has the final 2.1 build but what could happen is after its rooted htc could come out with an ota update that could patch what they have done to get the phone rooted. this is why they are waiting till release day to release the instructions on how to root.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the evo has the final 2.1 build but what could happen is after its rooted htc could come out with an ota update that could patch what they have done to get the phone rooted. this is why they are waiting till release day to release the instructions on how to root.
i thought they said froyo was getting released to the Evo immediatly after release.....so wouldnt it need to be re rooted anyways?

Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Re: Re: Evo root is here. UPDATE 5/26/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownholder View Post
i thought they said froyo was getting released to the Evo immediatly after release.....so wouldnt it need to be re rooted anyways?

If an official froyo update comes out from HTC or sprint your phone does not news to be rooted. HTC isn't going to have a froyo for SEVERAL WEEKS if not months after froyo is released. Froyo aosp hasn't even been released yet so they can't even start creating a froyo rom yet.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

markus_del_marko is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownholder View Post

no, the only phone to get 2.2 officially was the nexus. you evo guys will have to wait at least 3 months to get it i read. well that's unless a port comes sooner.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Yes if an official froyo rom comes out and you load it, you will need to re root it, hopefully root will be possible. We will have froyo roms way before and I'm not interested in running any type of stock rom, especially with HTC sense hogging memory. This isn't winmo, we don't need any ui interface

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G