PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO quantities

In my area it is the opposite. The 2 best buys that are very close to me are no longer taking pre-orders for June 4th. One best buy told me flat out they aren't taking pre-orders and the other one told me they are taking pre-orders but only for June 9th and not the 4th! The 2 radio shacks I called both were still taking pre-orders. The one in Boston that I pre-ordered mine from told me they had about 15 pre-orders so far and will only be ordering about 4-5 extra phones on top of the pre-orders. So to me, at least in my area (Boston, MA) the Evo will definitely sell out on June 4th.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

I live in a small city in central Ohio and I was very very surprised to hear the girl at RS say that I was 11th on the list yesterday. I expected to still be the first to come in. Needless to say, that many people knowing about it in a small city can only say good things about what's going to happen on the 4th.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work

S Sprint Nextel management conference call takeaways - FBR Capital (4.79 )

FBR Capital notes, On May 24, it held a conference call with Matt Carter, president of the Sprint 4G group, and Iyad Tarazi, vice president of network development and engineering. Firm came away from the call encouraged by on multiple fronts including the co's 4G network strategy and potential to lower its cost structure and churn-a major investor focus. Pre-registrations for the HTC EVO 4G device are the highest for any device in the co's history and Sprint is "more pleased" with the ratio of new prospects, particularly from existing iPhone customers. FBR estimates close to 1 mln registrations to date and a 70% to 75% upgrade ratio, which is encouraging.

this is from Briefing.com
Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post

FBR Capital notes, On May 24, it held a conference call with Matt Carter, president of the Sprint 4G group, and Iyad Tarazi, vice president of network development and engineering. Firm came away from the call encouraged by on multiple fronts including the co's 4G network strategy and potential to lower its cost structure and churn-a major investor focus. Pre-registrations for the HTC EVO 4G device are the highest for any device in the co's history and Sprint is "more pleased" with the ratio of new prospects, particularly from existing iPhone customers. FBR estimates close to 1 mln registrations to date and a 70% to 75% upgrade ratio, which is encouraging.

Yea there are a ton of people that want this phone.. which is amazing considering no commercials have even aired yet.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

people these days are glued to the computer and the internet/mobile devices. word of mouth sells more than any print ad or tv commercial. i dont even watch TV and i knew about the EVO nearly 8 months ago now. sprint does not need to waste time and money on commercials now in the tivo/DVR era most folks skip over commercials... better to spend that money on the 4g build-out and making sure they have plenty evos in circulation..

we are all early adopters of this handset and those geeks get their info not from TV but from word of mouth and the internet...
Old 05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

wow konmo thats sad... my local best buy is up to over 40 pre order and the rs close to me has another 15... and these arnt the big stores in my area ither
Old 05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am in a area where im sure it might not sell out everywhere but i am trying to make sure i get a device on the first day..if i do not im so impatient i can see myself shelling out extra $$$ on craigslist for it..
Old 05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post

Only thing to remember here is that what is good for investors is not necessarily good for customers. As an investor you want to see the company raise its selling prices to the highest possible without losing customers. As a customer you want to see lowest prices possible regardless of the results the low prices would have on the company's bottom line.

The main piece of info that is encouraging from sprint as an investor, aside from the high volume of pre-orders is the extra monthly fee these phones will come with. This is much needed added revenue in a competitive industry.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, Touch Pro, EVO 4G

jester95 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Yea there are a ton of people that want this phone.. which is amazing considering no commercials have even aired yet.
friend of mine here at work said that there were EVO commercials all over a NASCAR event that aired.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Well I dont watch nascar so maybe thats why I didnt see em lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G