PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Re: TP2 - Upgrade question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Is that what it did because I have NEVER had to pay for shipping or activation. but then again I have been with Sprint for a very long time...lol

CW
Longer than 1995? Sprint Spectrum, B'more/D.C. baby. Can you say GSM with a SIM card the size of a credit card?
Old 05-15-2010, 04:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: TP2 - Upgrade question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Is that what it did because I have NEVER had to pay for shipping or activation. but then again I have been with Sprint for a very long time...lol

CW
im right around my 10yr anni... ive always got free activation and shipping too.. but i usally ask if its possible.. with the TP2 when i asked, they said yes, because of the premier status.. i mean thats fine to me, but it was something i was used to.. now i just dont have to ask for it lol
Old 05-15-2010, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the "primary" phone within a family share plan? Our family plan is in my wifes name so her number is the premier status number, and she upgraded late last Summer. I upgraded early Sept when the TP2 became available, but don't want to go through all the bells and whistles to upgrade on her line for the EVO then transfer it to my number, cuz she doesn't have the extra data pack, etc.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

So I got my TP2 a few weeks before launch, and switched from Verizon to Sprint. I am a Sprint Premier Member though. Does this mean that I am not eligible to get the EVO on an upgrade? (Even the 75 off upgrade?)

Edit: I just got a text from Best Buy saying my upgrade date is 9-1-2010, so basically I'm screwed unless I can talk to someone at Sprint and have them move up my upgrade date?
Old 05-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the "primary" phone within a family share plan? Our family plan is in my wifes name so her number is the premier status number, and she upgraded late last Summer. I upgraded early Sept when the TP2 became available, but don't want to go through all the bells and whistles to upgrade on her line for the EVO then transfer it to my number, cuz she doesn't have the extra data pack, etc.
Im also on a shared family plan with my phone being the primary/premier line. Im not eligable because I upgraded Oct. 09 TP2 but my GF and my step son are eligable for a partial credit. I called sprint and they said I can buy the evo under my step son's line and have it activated on my #.

In your case have your wife buy the phone on her account and when they activate it tell them to put your # instead.

Last edited by gutrrob; 05-16-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:08 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

I got mine on a 2nd line that I dropped earlier this year due to a $.10 fee Sprint added which gave me the right to cancel with no ETF. I am soooo glad I did not waste my upgrade on the TP2, so I can have my Evo

Old 05-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

I got my TP2 as a TEP replacement for the faulty TP1, which I got as a TEP replacement for my Mogul (which I bought 2nd hand off of Craigslist)... I think my contract expired at some point while I had my Mogul or shortly after I got my TP1 so I've been out of contract for a while... I'm perfectly willing to renew my contract to get the EVO for $199 on launch day... speaking of which, I'll be making a trip to my local Radio Shack to place that pre-order today
Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

So if your only eligible for the 1 year $75 off upgrade price, do you ONLY have to renew for 1 year or is it still 2 years??
Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
So if your only eligible for the 1 year $75 off upgrade price, do you ONLY have to renew for 1 year or is it still 2 years??
you have to renew 2 yrs. if you renew for 1 year its only $25 off.

check here:https://manage.sprintpcs.com/special...bateWelcome.do

Last edited by tool2269; 05-17-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: website
Old 05-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JackStorm is a n00b

Okay... so I just finished a chat session with a Sprint rep... they let me use the upgrade eligibility for another phone on my family plan since mine was not eligible until Sept. 2010.

The only caveat... I would pay $299 but I could NOT use the $100 rebate since I would not be keeping it on that phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G