PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

ubigred is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
called customer service 2day 2 switch out of my sero account the rep was pretty knowledgeable and agreed 2 push up my rebate to MAY 1st so that i will be eligible for the $150 discount. she also suggested the $59.99 "new sero" plan, she informed me that employee discounts are not allowed on this plan, but since i have 1 on my sero plan she was not going 2 make any changes 2 it and if the system eventually knocks the discount off that i can switch 2 the 69.99 plan & use the discount on that 1. After work i went 2 the radio shack down the block from my home and asked 1 of the clerks about pre-ordering the evo for which they had an advertisement displayed. he asked was i eligible 4 an upgrade then proceeded 2 explain the whole process to me. he said i had 2 the 5th 2 pick up my evo r it would go back into allotment for the walk in public he also stated that if the evo and its accessories came in a few days early that they would call 2 see if i want 2 pick it up early, i asked what does the accessories have 2 do with it and he said that the $20 accessory "gift" has 2 be utilized at the time of pick up... lets hope things continue 2 go smoothly.
I will be sad too when I leave sero but i guess i have to ....i will try to get that 59.99 plan. However, it seems like that plan will not allow for any type of discounts
Old 05-14-2010, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
called customer service 2day 2 switch out of my sero account the rep was pretty knowledgeable and agreed 2 push up my rebate to MAY 1st so that i will be eligible for the $150 discount. she also suggested the $59.99 "new sero" plan, she informed me that employee discounts are not allowed on this plan, but since i have 1 on my sero plan she was not going 2 make any changes 2 it and if the system eventually knocks the discount off that i can switch 2 the 69.99 plan & use the discount on that 1. After work i went 2 the radio shack down the block from my home and asked 1 of the clerks about pre-ordering the evo for which they had an advertisement displayed. he asked was i eligible 4 an upgrade then proceeded 2 explain the whole process to me. he said i had 2 the 5th 2 pick up my evo r it would go back into allotment for the walk in public he also stated that if the evo and its accessories came in a few days early that they would call 2 see if i want 2 pick it up early, i asked what does the accessories have 2 do with it and he said that the $20 accessory "gift" has 2 be utilized at the time of pick up... lets hope things continue 2 go smoothly.
There's some talk around these forums that the EPRP (new SERO) plan you just switched to will not be eligible for the EVO until July. I'm believing it only because I know they did it last year with the Pre.

Anyone want to confirm?
Old 05-14-2010, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

yea I've been complaining 2 my girl all night about giving up my plan, she says "a couple of more dollars a month won't hurt u". she don't understand the bragging rights of saying u have the lowest plan out there for what your getting! or just that feeling that your getting over for something... but its all toys, all part of the game, and all worth it!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

that would suck! but i would probably try 2 switch 2 the 69.99 plan, r do more searching on this forum for a solution
Old 05-15-2010, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimb22 View Post
There's some talk around these forums that the EPRP (new SERO) plan you just switched to will not be eligible for the EVO until July. I'm believing it only because I know they did it last year with the Pre.

Anyone want to confirm?
I guess I have called in 4 times in the past month and a half... and I have been offered to upgrade my plan to the Family + Data plan... It is definitely a SERO plan, because it has

1600 Anytime\Anywhere minutes
Free nights and weekends starting at 7pm
Unlimited mobile to mobile to ANY carrier
Unlimited DATA
Unlimited text

All of this for $109.99 for 2x phones, and to add a 3rd phone, for my son, would be $14.99

The first lady said that this was the SERO (well, Fair & Flexible) Family plan...
Both the 1st lady, and the 2nd lady said that they would both be immediately elligible for the EVO...
Old 05-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

Mary_holk is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

Can't believe it just got back from BB and pre oredering my phone. Almost had to go in the field on 4th and 5th but worked to leave on the 6th. Can't wait till the 3rd for the phone call for the appt.

Sales man asked if I had any questions about the phone. I think this forum has answered all of my questions and then some. Thanks everybody for the questions and to the ones that find the answers.

Last edited by Mary_holk; 05-15-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Kyubert27 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
I just went and preorded at Best buy. I did get the 50 gift card .. BUT .. they guy said it does NOT guarantee a phone on June 4th. I said huh? He said we don't know how many are coming in. I did not argue, but that kinda blows.
When I went to pre-order at BB, the guy said it guarantees you a phone and they will have extras for regular retail besides the pre-orders.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cmilviper is just getting started

So just to confirm: I am eligible only for $75 off on an upgrade.
I pre-ordered at Best Buy today.

Am I even going to qualify to pick up an Evo on June 4th?.....And will my $75 upgrade savings come off of the higher Best Buy retail price?

Thanks again brothers and sisters.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmilviper View Post
So just to confirm: I am eligible only for $75 off on an upgrade.
I pre-ordered at Best Buy today.

Am I even going to qualify to pick up an Evo on June 4th?.....And will my $75 upgrade savings come off of the higher Best Buy retail price?

Thanks again brothers and sisters.
My guess is you will only get 75 off of Best Buy's full retail price.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
the CS girl told me her notes say to tell me to think of it as paying for first class on an airplane. i need to pay $10 a month to "access the fast processor". i laughed and said good day.
They hit me with that First class line too lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G