PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

taylor7667 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre-ordering the EVO?

Just got back from BB. Got mine pre-ordered with the $50.00 deposit. The first BB sales rep had no idea what an EVO was....I started freaking out...but then another rep walked up and said...yeah, I can help you with that. Anyway, I was assured that if I happen to change my mind about buying on the 4th, I will get a full refund of the $50 bucks. Just FYI.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaya View Post
pardon my ignorance but what is evp and how do i sighn up for it?
Employee Value Program located HERE

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Pre-order the HTC EVO 4G at Radio Shack by 5/31/10 and receive a $20 Accessory Cr

threads merged

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

can someone enlighten me about the best buy pre-order process? i have $200 in gift cards i want to use to buy the phone. would they let me use a gift card to buy another gift card? seems silly.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

There was speculation on another site saying that Radio Shack made a deal with Sprint to release it on May 29th for those and only those that pre-ordered the phone with them.

My guess is that it is false, because why hasn't Radio Shack advertised this? It is still worth a shot checking though, I wouldn't complain if I got it a week early lol.

Like I said, I don't know if this is true or not. I'm at work right now, so I will try heading to Radio Shack to get more info later on in the day.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:29 AM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
can someone enlighten me about the best buy pre-order process? i have $200 in gift cards i want to use to buy the phone. would they let me use a gift card to buy another gift card? seems silly.
lol....yes Im sure they would

CW
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post

Best Buy requires a deposit of $50 to be made to pre-order a phone. They then give you a $50 gift card and your registration form for the pre-order. The $50 gift card acts as your "deposit."

So if you are paying with a single $200 giftcard, you will be left with one $150 gift card, and one $50 gift card. Seems silly that they would give a gift card from a gift card payment, but its just how they do it. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

tdubbs27 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor7667 View Post
Just got back from BB. Got mine pre-ordered with the $50.00 deposit. The first BB sales rep had no idea what an EVO was....I started freaking out...but then another rep walked up and said...yeah, I can help you with that. Anyway, I was assured that if I happen to change my mind about buying on the 4th, I will get a full refund of the $50 bucks. Just FYI.

Just got back from my friendly neighborhood BB and they had no clue about this. Couldn't find it in their system, no paperwork to fill out....How frustrating

Any Ideas?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdubbs27 View Post
Just got back from my friendly neighborhood BB and they had no clue about this. Couldn't find it in their system, no paperwork to fill out....How frustrating

Any Ideas?
wow that sucks....Maybe that BB isnt gonna carry Sprint.

CW
Old 05-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdubbs27 View Post

Any Ideas?
does you best buy even sell sprint? because my local best buys, actually i think all the best buys in this state do not sell sprint. so that sucks for me, i will try preorder through EVP, not sure if i have, or just preorder through sprint and charge to my account.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G