PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contacts and calendar from WinMo to Evo?

So as most of us are coming from WinMo, I'm sure this will be an issue for a lot of us.

How do you best get the contacts, calendar, tasks, etc, from WinMo to the Evo?

I used Google Sync on my current phone (Touch Pro 2) and it imported my contacts to gmail, but it didn't do the calendar or tasks. And the contacts are all missing the catagories on gmail.

I absolutely need my contacts to have the catagories, so I need to figure that out. And I obviously need the calendar too, and would really like to get the tasks.

I don't use Outlook on my computer, so I would prefer an option that doesn't involve it. Heck, I would prefer an option that doesn't even involve the computer, just straight from the phone to gmail.

Any android vets out there have any advice on how to do this?

EDIT:
Okay, I got the contacts perfectly imported into gmail. Contacts, contact picture, all fields (addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc) catagories, and the contact notes. Here is how I did it...

#1: Install Outlook on the computer. The Touch Pro 2 disk has a 60 day trial, so I just used that.
#2: Tried to sync the Touch Pro 2 via ActiveSync on my XP netbook (where I installed Outlook) but kept having problems. I ended up removing the Google Sync exchange server (via activesync) from my phone. It didn't work properly anyway (no catagories) so just removed it. I then hit help and check for updates in Outlook, and installed all the updates.
#3: Now my phone successfully synced via activesync and Outlook had all of my contacts.
#4: In Outlook hit file, Import and Export, Export to a file. Select Comma Seperated (Windows) and export it.
#5: Go into gmail and import that file into contacts.
#6: Now all of my contacts were there, with all the fields, and even the catagories. The only problem is the pictures weren't there.
#7: Then I set up the Google Synce (exchange server) with the info here:
http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299
#8: After setting up the Google Sync, did a send/receive on my phone.
#9: After the send/receive completed, all of my contacts on gmail had pictures, and still had the catagories and everything else.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 06-04-2010 at 04:27 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G