PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Evo FACTS - Combined thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120072)

entropism 05-03-2010 10:38 PM

Evo FACTS - Combined thread

Holy crap, the amount of FUD being thrown about here is downright depressing, so I figure I'd lump all the FACTS together in one thread:

1 - Release is still scheduled for mid June, and the advocates get the phone in 2 weeks when Advocate training starts. NOBODY outside of Sprint beta testers has this phone right now, I don't care what you read in some random forum.

2 - This is NOT a world phone. No SIM, strictly a CDMA 1x/EVDO Rev A chip, alongside a Wimax chip.

3 - You CAN do data and voice simultaneously but only in 4G areas. Reports are conflicting right now, I'll be able to get further proof in a few days time. As of right now, I was told (beta testers and engineers) that voice will come over the CDMA chip, and data over the Wimax. Of course, we've all heard the Wimax data/VOIP rumors by now. I WILL clear this up shortly.

4 - Appearing in a store in Florida: False. Not sure if the blurry photo was part of a practical joke involving an HD2, but it certainly wasn't an Evo.

5 - The device will ship with 2.1 Eclair, Froyo will be released, but of course no date is set. I figure maybe 6 months as a GUESS, no hard facts to back it up though.

Anything else that I missed?

Sharkie405 05-03-2010 10:51 PM

Re: Evo FACTS - Combined thread

I'll be hopping on the Evo train come mid June (hopefully) when Sprint release it. I hadn't got too much into reading all the new BS about release dates and what not as I have with phones in the past. I learned the rumor mill is out of control and just not worth it. Besides, I work at Best Buy and am kept up to date by the Mobile Mgr. there.

I had wondered about whether or not it was a world phone. Thanks for putting the info out there.

WarChild 05-03-2010 10:52 PM

good!

glittler 05-04-2010 12:15 AM

Don't forget to put up that anything seen on Ozcarguide is bull plop. Even if they say the sky is blue they are probably lying.

BlaqMogul 05-04-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropism (Post 1733450)
Holy crap, the amount of FUD being thrown about here is downright depressing, so I figure I'd lump all the FACTS together in one thread:

1 - Release is still scheduled for mid June, and the advocates get the phone in 2 weeks when Advocate training starts. NOBODY outside of Sprint beta testers has this phone right now, I don't care what you read in some random forum.

2 - This is NOT a world phone. No SIM, strictly a CDMA 1x/EVDO Rev A chip, alongside a Wimax chip.

3 - You CAN do data and voice simultaneously but only in 4G areas. Reports are conflicting right now, I'll be able to get further proof in a few days time. As of right now, I was told (beta testers and engineers) that voice will come over the CDMA chip, and data over the Wimax. Of course, we've all heard the Wimax data/VOIP rumors by now. I WILL clear this up shortly.

4 - Appearing in a store in Florida: False. Not sure if the blurry photo was part of a practical joke involving an HD2, but it certainly wasn't an Evo.

5 - The device will ship with 2.1 Eclair, Froyo will be released, but of course no date is set. I figure maybe 6 months as a GUESS, no hard facts to back it up though.

great write up. one question though: what price do you think they are going to give this device? i was in the Sprint store today and i saw the Touch Pro 2 for $199 after rebate. Im thinking that the Evo will go for $249 after rebates. I really dont care (well i do but...you know what i mean) what the price is. I want this phone. The sad part is that Im not even in a 4G area..........ehh...whomp whomp New York (for now that is.....)

ajac 05-04-2010 01:26 AM

let me add

1gb storage
8gb san disk micro sd card

will OTA 2.2 Sometime after release not sure excatly when

akayareal 05-04-2010 09:45 AM

Im hoping just about all if not all our questions will be answered May 12.

entropism 05-04-2010 09:54 AM

I didn't mention price because everything is speculation for now, and this is a facts thread. If I had to guess, I'd say $299, then a $100 rebate afterwards. Again, not a fact, just speculation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqMogul (Post 1733618)
great write up. one question though: what price do you think they are going to give this device? i was in the Sprint store today and i saw the Touch Pro 2 for $199 after rebate. Im thinking that the Evo will go for $249 after rebates. I really dont care (well i do but...you know what i mean) what the price is. I want this phone. The sad part is that Im not even in a 4G area..........ehh...whomp whomp New York (for now that is.....)

WarChild 05-04-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akayareal (Post 1733986)
Im hoping just about all if not all our questions will be answered May 12.

yea I think it's important to note that no one can "officially" confirm anything that is being told to anyone rght now and it will be released soon (also un-confirmed) so we will have to just wait.

CW

pzztgotbagz 05-04-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropism (Post 1733450)

Hmmmm thinks to myself so would Oprah be considered a Beta Tester?