PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Evo FACTS - Combined thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120072)

ajac 05-04-2010 11:06 AM

Re: Evo FACTS - Combined thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropism (Post 1733450)
Holy crap, the amount of FUD being thrown about here is downright depressing, so I figure I'd lump all the FACTS together in one thread:

1 - Release is still scheduled for mid June, and the advocates get the phone in 2 weeks when Advocate training starts. NOBODY outside of Sprint beta testers has this phone right now, I don't care what you read in some random forum.

2 - This is NOT a world phone. No SIM, strictly a CDMA 1x/EVDO Rev A chip, alongside a Wimax chip.

3 - You CAN do data and voice simultaneously but only in 4G areas. Reports are conflicting right now, I'll be able to get further proof in a few days time. As of right now, I was told (beta testers and engineers) that voice will come over the CDMA chip, and data over the Wimax. Of course, we've all heard the Wimax data/VOIP rumors by now. I WILL clear this up shortly.

4 - Appearing in a store in Florida: False. Not sure if the blurry photo was part of a practical joke involving an HD2, but it certainly wasn't an Evo.

5 - The device will ship with 2.1 Eclair, Froyo will be released, but of course no date is set. I figure maybe 6 months as a GUESS, no hard facts to back it up though.

Anything else that I missed?

1. FALSE seen one in person dont care what you say but did see one did play with one did love it and an advocate did have it you may think you know it all but obviously you dont

lovetohateme 05-04-2010 11:09 AM

Oprah also has one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120133

themuffinman 05-04-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetohateme (Post 1734127)

I wouldn't say she has one, I mean sprint was a major sponsor for the whole no phone zone thing so it would only make sense for someone to give her one so she can use it on the show. I am sure they took it from her after the show, but still though it was a great move on sprints part to put one in oprah's hands. Most men could care less about oprah but she has more pull than most people in the world.

ajac 05-04-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetohateme (Post 1734127)

no she dont this guy above us said NO ONE DOES SO SHE DOES~!! HE KNOWS IT ALL!!!!!!

rigo 05-04-2010 11:17 AM

who are u sir to say all of this crap?? lol u are saying that the pic is false.. but all u saying is right?? where are your sources... people in this days

WarChild 05-04-2010 11:19 AM

Calm down people. Rigo, come on now you know better than to use those kind of words. Plz edit yourself.

CW

themuffinman 05-04-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigo (Post 1734143)
wft?? and who are u sir to say all of this crap?? lol u are saying that the pic is false.. but all u saying is right?? where are your sources... holy shit people in this days

uhhh, if I am not mistaken I think ajac was being sarcastic if thats who you were replying too.

rigo 05-04-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1734154)
uhhh, if I am not mistaken I think ajac was being sarcastic if thats who you were replying too.

im replying to who ever started this thread

themuffinman 05-04-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigo (Post 1734160)
im replying to who ever started this thread

Oh ok, nevermind then.

rigo 05-04-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1734169)
Oh ok, nevermind then.

no problemo senor muffin