PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DIY - Custom Evo Gaming Mount! (**Wiimote**/SNES/NES/etc.)

I'd like to apologize for the pictures, i had low light at home, but i'm sure you get the point

PROTOTYPE ONE~

BOOMSAKALAKA!!!!

Short List of what my procedure was:
1. unscrew top screws
2. cut to fit Evo landscape
3. put plastic on for fitment before glue.
4. applied glue to plastic, then glued to the wheel.
Waited to dry.

So I am always looking for ways to be crafty, and after CM6 was released, I needed a way to play my NBA Jam, NBA Hangtime, Megaman, etc. with a wiimote.

I was at the dollar store with my gf (Dollar Tree), and saw this Wii Steering wheel for a buck. I said what the heck, i'll buy it and make a project out of it.

Well, about an hour and a half later, i have my customized GameGear-Like Mount(Evo Edition)...

The wheel comes in 2 halves, with 4 screws(one in every corner) keeping them together. I removed the top 2 screws and sliced off the top half just enough to fit my Evo landscape. Reason only the top half was modified is to have back support for the device.

The flat piece of black plastic is actually the back door to an old tv/dvd remote i had lying around, i just sliced off the prongs/clips to make it as flat as possible.

Now the actual bracket like mount which i had superglued to the black plastic cover is from IQ Mobile solutions. I had purchased the car mount from bestbuy and it came with a few extra parts like this one. (its advertised there for an ipod/iphone, but it is completely universal, just mount the small plastic square on the back of your phone)
The product looks like this:

I slide my evo from the top into the little bracket and this thing holds like a freakin CHAMP! I couldn't be happier (except i did a half-ass job on the cutting of the plastic lol but for a DOLLAR WHO CARES!)

I couldn't take a pic while holding 2 handed, had to use a mirror lol

This is the product package I bought from Dollar Tree:

So lemme know what you guys think. Its really a simple procedure, i just can't believe it worked so well first shot!

Please don't post about the thing i had to stick on the back of my phone, if you dont like it, i'm sure you can figure a way to make something else work. I bought it as a car mount, made the sacrifice and it is Saweet! The extra pieces from the kit enabling me to make this was a blessing

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: DIY - Custom Evo Gaming Mount! (**Wiimote**/SNES/NES/etc.)

Thanks for sharing I think it was a great look and a nice fit...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Sick! Nice work.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Awesome job bro!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Thanks guys!

I sparked this idea a few weeks back, but i don't like ebaying and waiting a week lol. So when i saw this in the dollar store, i jumped right in.

My original idea was to buy this from ebay and create a mount.

but for now, my setup will definitely do
Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

leedawg is just getting started

how did you get the wii remote to work with the evo? Everything ive read says that none of them support the sense UI due to some problem HTC introduced in the bluetooth stack call library?

Im running rooted OMJ 1.8 rom just curious thanks.

And your wheel is awsome.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedawg View Post
how did you get the wii remote to work with the evo? Everything ive read says that none of them support the sense UI due to some problem HTC introduced in the bluetooth stack call library?

Im running rooted OMJ 1.8 rom just curious thanks.

And your wheel is awsome.
He is on CM6 Rom it doesnt have sense and its froyo 2.2. OMJ has sense and it runs android 2.1
Old 07-28-2010, 01:02 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Moved to appropriate area!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

leedawg is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
He is on CM6 Rom it doesnt have sense and its froyo 2.2. OMJ has sense and it runs android 2.1
Oh that makes sense then hes not using HTC sense UI. I suppose ill just wait till HTC fixs the bug if ever, I do like the Sense UI.

But the whole setup does look awesome thanks for sharing.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
Thanks guys!

I sparked this idea a few weeks back, but i don't like ebaying and waiting a week lol. So when i saw this in the dollar store, i jumped right in.

My original idea was to buy this from ebay and create a mount.

but for now, my setup will definitely do
your original wheel idea is pretty neat man.. you should submit it to www.hack-a-day.com i think theyd dig it.. theres TONs of mods like these and other gaming components.. might even give ya ideas..

i think the controller(pictured) would be great.. i think you said that with the mount the fitting was pretty secure.. youd probably need one a bit shorter so that you cant see the post the mount is attached to, but you should be able to pull it off exactly the same way..

Great Mod! and i dont even own an EVO

**edit** nvm, i guess youd just use a shorter battery cover lol

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 07-28-2010 at 04:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods