PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmet044 View Post
everyones battery life seems to be good now for the time being. but what about a year from now or even two years. since sprint did away with gold we must wait two years before being eligible for an upgrade. since you cant replace the battery is anyone concerned about that possibility. my evo shift is just over one year old and the battery life which was great is absolutely horrible now. i need to walk around with a charger everywhere.
there's a teardown video of the ELTE out there & it looks pretty easy to replace the battery.

re: upgrade.....someone posted at xda a few weeks ago about being eligible for upgrade on 6/2013 after buying the ELTE....I've check a couple times since then and lucky for me it says I'm eligible on 5/1/13
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

Turbopowr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmet044 View Post
everyones battery life seems to be good now for the time being. but what about a year from now or even two years. since sprint did away with gold we must wait two years before being eligible for an upgrade. since you cant replace the battery is anyone concerned about that possibility. my evo shift is just over one year old and the battery life which was great is absolutely horrible now. i need to walk around with a charger everywhere.
You can still change the Evo LTE battery in less than 5 minutes.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ill3nium is a n00b

I'm glad to see some 'real world' battery-life figures, quite impressive. The battery was the major hesitation I had to burning my upgrade on this phone.

OMJ: Are you running completely stock OEM? Or are you rooted and on a custom ROM? Any tweaks?

I dont even think I'd get 2+ days with my TP2 in airplane mode..
Old 06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill3nium View Post
I'm glad to see some 'real world' battery-life figures, quite impressive. The battery was the major hesitation I had to burning my upgrade on this phone.

OMJ: Are you running completely stock OEM? Or are you rooted and on a custom ROM? Any tweaks?

I dont even think I'd get 2+ days with my TP2 in airplane mode..
I'm running my Custom ROM....and yes, it has tweaks
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ill3nium is a n00b

Good to know, great work too btw. I'll definately be testing your ROM if I upgrade to the ELTE.

Sort of torn between the ELTE and SIII. If there was a way to run Sense on the SIII I'd be sold completely...
Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
I see that between the "b" and "a" of the word battery in your screen shot of your phone use, you charged the phone. Do you happen to recall how long you charged the phone for during that charging period? That might help put in perspective the fact that your 2 day battery life accounted for a certain amount of charging during that 2 day period.

I think most people would want to gauge their battery life on a particular timeframe of actual phone use without any charging, but I could be wrong.

My concern is that the portrayal of your phones battery life was not as accurate as it could be, simply based on the fact that you actually charged your phone at some point during that 2 day period.
You're right...I did have it plugged in for a short period while using turn by turn.

Here is mine prior to hitting the charger todayuploadfromtaptalk1340844977581.jpg
Old 06-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I am too very impressed with the LTE battery life compare to the 3D.

My BT Plantronics microUSB charge was able to charge my 3D, but not the LTE. I went to Power to check and it flicker between charge and not charging and the red light keep on blinking. I didnt know it this picky!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: any
Carrier: vodafone

tonybosell is a n00b
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The HTV EVO 4G LTE is an amazing phone. It is much better phone than another phone. Its battery life is very long like talk time by Up to 7 hour 30 min and stand by up to 100 hours.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE