PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
I'm gettin great battery life but wow you guys are off the charts!

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-07-2012, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

pwrmedia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Battery life

Purchased the phone a few days ago, rooted and running a custom ROM.

However, prior to root, the phone seemed to run unusually warm with all stock functions even with semi-moderate usage and screen-on time. As a result, the battery life hasn't been spectacular IMO.

I've given it a full charge and will let it settle in for a few days without flashing another ROM or any miscellaneous tweaks to see if it performs any better, but so far, I'm getting 8-9 hours on a single charge, which will most likely be a deal breaker going forward.

Another thing I've noticed is that, when attempting to USB charge, more often that not the batt life will decrease with usage. I can understand it holding charge at worst, but not dropping.

Coming from the 3D (Shift and Hero prior to that), and have been HTC-loyal since the WinMo days (Titan, Diamond), but if I can't get a full day out of this phone w/ "normal" use (200>texts, 10 min>calls, 2hr>internet/social media), I will probably look to see how the S3 performs once it comes out later this month or next.

Anyone else having non-impressive batt. results? Thoughts in general regarding I may or may not be doing to enhance the results? Thanks!

**EDIT** - Should mention that I'm running CPU settings of 1512/486 On Demand. Flirted w/ force dualcore mod for a few hours, and am aware of batt. strain w/ that (or any other CPU tweaks), but again, batt. life seemed below average with all stock settings.

**EDIT #2** - Requesting post deletion from mods; didn't realize another thread w/ same topic a few posts down. I should've known better.

Last edited by pwrmedia; 06-07-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrmedia View Post

**EDIT #2** - Requesting post deletion from mods; didn't realize another thread w/ same topic a few posts down. I should've known better.
instead of deleting your thread, I have merged it w/ the current thread...

also, is your phone still running hot? usually when it's running hot, it's an indication of something going on & the result is battery drain. I haven't felt it even get warm. On my last charge I went 33hrs, was still @ 11%.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
instead of deleting your thread, I have merged it w/ the current thread...

also, is your phone still running hot? usually when it's running hot, it's an indication of something going on & the result is battery drain. I haven't felt it even get warm. On my last charge I went 33hrs, was still @ 11%.

Thank you, sir.

Phone was running warmer than I felt it should be w/ stock settings (about 100-105F). A large part of it was due to the strain on the crappy data signal, so that was understandable. However, after cool down and even after throwing it in airplane mode and putting the phone through its paces, I still noticed what I felt to be an unusual drain (est. 5% every 20 min while idle and light app usage). With mobile network off, this increased to almost 8% every 20 min w/ moderate usage (texting, 2 FB app checks, a mail sync or two, and a weather update).

I'm a full day on a custom (Joelz' latest) ROM and no build.prop or init mods, and running dualcore mod @ 1.35/384 ondemand. Just unplugged it 20 min ago @ full charge, so this should be the first real test, and I'll report back on how it performed.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g LTE

deseagle07 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters View Post
Got mine right before a road trip - Minneapolis to Phoenix and back. After about 16 hours of driving first day it was down to 26% with no charging and playing mp3s via bluetooth. Definitely impressive. I was driving by myself so no mobile hotspot usage - that's one of the things that I find eats phones up; really curious how long it would last on that... So far it puts my old Epic to shame in every department except the keyboard of course.
did u have any problems with your bluetooth playing music??? mines keep skipping like its a badly scratched CD, i exchanged it but the replacement does the same
Old 06-08-2012, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrmedia View Post
Thank you, sir.

Phone was running warmer than I felt it should be w/ stock settings (about 100-105F). A large part of it was due to the strain on the crappy data signal, so that was understandable. However, after cool down and even after throwing it in airplane mode and putting the phone through its paces, I still noticed what I felt to be an unusual drain (est. 5% every 20 min while idle and light app usage). With mobile network off, this increased to almost 8% every 20 min w/ moderate usage (texting, 2 FB app checks, a mail sync or two, and a weather update).

I'm a full day on a custom (Joelz' latest) ROM and no build.prop or init mods, and running dualcore mod @ 1.35/384 ondemand. Just unplugged it 20 min ago @ full charge, so this should be the first real test, and I'll report back on how it performed.

**EDIT** - Batt performing as it should after the phone has had a chance to settle in. Sipped juice on WiFi, obviously gulps when actively using 3G. Impressed w/ how the phone handles idle and sleep.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I see that between the "b" and "a" of the word battery in your screen shot of your phone use, you charged the phone. Do you happen to recall how long you charged the phone for during that charging period? That might help put in perspective the fact that your 2 day battery life accounted for a certain amount of charging during that 2 day period.

I think most people would want to gauge their battery life on a particular timeframe of actual phone use without any charging, but I could be wrong.

My concern is that the portrayal of your phones battery life was not as accurate as it could be, simply based on the fact that you actually charged your phone at some point during that 2 day period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
All good on the battery front here!

I NEVER got 2 full days on the OG EVO!

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
So custom roms are definitely making battery life on this phone even better! Running Viper now with dual core mod and getting the best battery life I've ever had.

Positive Vibrations
Old 06-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
So custom roms are definitely making battery life on this phone even better! Running Viper now with dual core mod and getting the best battery life I've ever had.

Forgot to include last pic

I think screen on and phone use time really help put it in context. Freaking amazing!

Positive Vibrations

Positive Vibrations
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1339949834384.jpg (3.4 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone5

mrmet044 is just getting started

everyones battery life seems to be good now for the time being. but what about a year from now or even two years. since sprint did away with gold we must wait two years before being eligible for an upgrade. since you cant replace the battery is anyone concerned about that possibility. my evo shift is just over one year old and the battery life which was great is absolutely horrible now. i need to walk around with a charger everywhere.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE