PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 11:41 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Stock Rooted 1.13.651.1 | Odex | Deodex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
More options? Other than radio flashing? ... Like what?

I'm sure I'll end up doing it when I get home... Just can't help myself lol

Glad to hear it! ... It's nice to hang with ya (per se) again hehe ... This one gonna be all your creation or you gonna use someone's base? ... Not that a fully optimized one is out that I know of yet ... I imagine Mik is starting to put one together but last I heard he didn't have his phone in his hands yet

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk
biggest reason is HTC warranty, but also having complete control to flash radios, hboot or whatever....if there's no s-off soon, I'll probably bite the bullet & use htcdev.

yeah, it's we're on the same phone again for the most part on the 3D, I always used the RUU as a base, it wasn't until the ICS leak that I used anothers base. It will be the same for the LTE....I'll use the RUU as a base.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:42 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
OMJ, just an fyi in case you haven't had time to read... In reference to multi-taking, Viper and/or Vin said they tweaked memory settings and ppl are reporting that it is totally fixed in ver 1.2 ... I'm sure they would share the tweaks with ya

sounds good! thx
Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
OMJ, just an fyi in case you haven't had time to read... In reference to multi-taking, Viper and/or Vin said they tweaked memory settings and ppl are reporting that it is totally fixed in ver 1.2 ... I'm sure they would share the tweaks with ya

I like the sound of that!

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

yeah, it's we're on the same phone again for the most part on the 3D, I always used the RUU as a base, it wasn't until the ICS leak that I used anothers base. It will be the same for the LTE....I'll use the RUU as a base.
Cool ... I may have to finally break down and get the kitchen installed and really learn to cook android ... Be prepared for some PMs all over again like the touch and diamond days lol ... Does the kitchen do all the apk and png optimizing for ya or is it a different process?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Cool ... I may have to finally break down and get the kitchen installed and really learn to cook android ... Be prepared for some PMs all over again like the touch and diamond days lol ... Does the kitchen do all the apk and png optimizing for ya or is it a different process?

the kitchen does zip aligning but not png optimizing, but most chefs use a script in init.d to zip align.

what I do is start w/ the base RUU and decompile, deodex, add busybox, init.d, superuser, then I create the ROM w/o signing....I then extract the zip to a folder on my C: and modify/update from there....when I'm done, I use 7zip to zip it all up, then use the ppcgeeks signer to sign.

so usually I only use the kitchen for the initial setup...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Here is a post link to a report about the multi-taking I mentioned

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26783127

Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Here is a post link to a report about the multi-taking I mentioned

[ROM][Updated 5.30.12]viperROM eLiTE v1.2 - OC Daemon, viperControl, and more! - Page 52 - xda-developers

is there a specific post you are linking to?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'll assume this is the post Vancer was referring to:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][Updated 5.30.12]viperROM eLiTE v1.2 - OC Daemon, viperControl, and more!

but you know what they say about assuming....
Old 05-31-2012, 07:32 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; EVO Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat
I'll assume this is the post Vancer was referring to:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][Updated 5.30.12]viperROM eLiTE v1.2 - OC Daemon, viperControl, and more!

but you know what they say about assuming....
Well look what the cat drug in....
Old 05-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; EVO Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Well look what the cat drug in....

I'm in the same boat, waiting for S-Off. Happy with stock (rooted) for now but probably won't wait much longer.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development