PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 10:25 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Stock Rooted 1.13.651.1 | Odex | Deodex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Oops! Yeah I almost went back and edited my post from build.prop to init.d but didn't see one in my stock rom and knew u would correct me ... Isn't there another script that has to be added to make init.d scripts work... can't remember the name of it ?

Also, you could also use RTB to adjust the settings as well if we knew them right ?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk
there's a change needed in the kernel for init.d

RTB?
Old 06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Rom Tool Box Pro ... Root app like STP (I'll go ahead lol ... System Tuner Pro) let's you tweak all sorts of stuff

Old 06-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

actually, the tweaks are made in the init.qcom.post_boot.sh file located @ \system\etc folder....I believe the tweaks could also be added in a script in init.d.

Quote:
there's a change needed in the kernel for init.d
I assume the stock kernel has what is needed to make this script... init.qcom.post_boot.sh run with each boot just like init.d ? And hence the reason it could be edited instead?

If rooted then you should be able to replace the file with root explorer and set permissions as well as push via adb as well I would think ... Don't you?

If you wanna send me the edited file I'll go ahead and root this thing and give it a try for ya

Old 06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

hey guys! Hope you get the s-off thing soon. It took the Rezound over 7 months and involved a method of literally shorting out the phone!! And before you ask... yes, I did it and it worked

Truthfully I was perfectly happy with s-0n device,unlocked with htc and rooted with custom recovery. Most of the devs provided the method of installation and it actually wasn't too bad although it involves a 2 step flashing process to install rom and kernel. Anyway, I hope someone comes up with a solid and safe method for you guys!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:08 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I assume the stock kernel has what is needed to make this script... init.qcom.post_boot.sh run with each boot just like init.d ? And hence the reason it could be edited instead?

If rooted then you should be able to replace the file with root explorer and set permissions as well as push via adb as well I would think ... Don't you?

If you wanna send me the edited file I'll go ahead and root this thing and give it a try for ya

init.qcom.post_boot.sh is not an added file, it's a stock file....see the attached modified version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
hey guys! Hope you get the s-off thing soon. It took the Rezound over 7 months and involved a method of literally shorting out the phone!! And before you ask... yes, I did it and it worked

Truthfully I was perfectly happy with s-0n device,unlocked with htc and rooted with custom recovery. Most of the devs provided the method of installation and it actually wasn't too bad although it involves a 2 step flashing process to install rom and kernel. Anyway, I hope someone comes up with a solid and safe method for you guys!
yes, I hope we get s-off soon too! the 3D w/ hboot 1.50 has a similar process to get s-off by shorting.....just did it last week.

the current recovery for the LTE can flash boot, so there's only one step.
Attached Files
File Type: zip init.qcom.post_boot.sh.zip (1.9 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
init.qcom.post_boot.sh is not an added file, it's a stock file....see the attached modified version
Yeah I knew it was stock I was just saying that I guess the stock kernel must have whatever it needs to make it run with each boot but not whatever is needed to run init.d since you said the kernel makes that happen and would need to be tweaked ... And therefor made since to edit that file ... I'll root and give it a whirl tomorrow thanks !

Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yeah I knew it was stock I was just saying that I guess the stock kernel must have whatever it needs to make it run with each boot but not whatever is needed to run init.d since you said the kernel makes that happen and would need to be tweaked ... And therefor made since to edit that file ... I'll root and give it a whirl tomorrow thanks !

I broke down & rooted added init.qcom.post_boot.sh, wifi tether, cache cleaner, ad free, and the recent apps -> menu mod
Old 06-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I broke down & rooted added init.qcom.post_boot.sh, wifi tether, cache cleaner, ad free, and the recent apps -> menu mod
Nice ... I thought u were already rooted just not unlocked

Old 06-03-2012, 02:56 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; EVO Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer
Quote:

Nope, I was stock
Old 06-03-2012, 02:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; EVO Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer
Quote:

Nope, I was stock

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development