View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Stock Rooted 1.13.651.1 | Odex | Deodex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Cool ... I may have to finally break down and get the kitchen installed and really learn to cook android ... Be prepared for some PMs all over again like the touch and diamond days lol ... Does the kitchen do all the apk and png optimizing for ya or is it a different process?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk
the kitchen does zip aligning but not png optimizing, but most chefs use a script in init.d to zip align.

what I do is start w/ the base RUU and decompile, deodex, add busybox, init.d, superuser, then I create the ROM w/o signing....I then extract the zip to a folder on my C: and modify/update from there....when I'm done, I use 7zip to zip it all up, then use the ppcgeeks signer to sign.

so usually I only use the kitchen for the initial setup...