PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 04:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen protector in a bottle

It is a liquid film. Not a screen. It just "settles". The first time, it pooled a little near the bottom so I wiped it off with the cleaner. The second attempt was perfect. The applicator is like an underarm deorderant applicator.

I put on a thin film and kept is standing on it's side. Later I did another coat. I think standing up is important. It also protects the mic and ear speaker.

I just peeled the upper piece of tape off a few minutes ago.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

curious , i wonder how this would work with a thin "good" screen protector lying underneath the film, thus making this a reversible process in theory.. I think with the EVO's scratch resistance screen and a good screen protector such as Steinheil (best for the money) , there is probably not much need for this but as always this could lead to a nice alternative, especially on an already scratched TP2 or such.

Last edited by lefty11; 09-23-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Evo Accessories.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Threadstarter

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Going into day two. Seems to be holding up. I carry in a case so I don't expose it to much. I was wondering if it would wear thin where on my security swipe pattern. My daughter is a gamer and she says she loves it because there is no resistance to finger movement.

Will keep you posted.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

I can't imagine how you could get this applied without dust settling in and on it and ending up permanently bonded into the material.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprego View Post
I can't imagine how you could get this applied without dust settling in and on it and ending up permanently bonded into the material.
He said he put it under a bowl.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 09-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen

Here is a picture of this kit. Since have taken it with the phone that I applied it on, it is pretty hard to take a picture of that phone.

But what bites my ass it some **** comes along and wants proof!!! I went through a lot of time to write up my experience in vivid detail and I have to prove to provide photo proof? I don't care if anyone else does it. It was only a recommend. Think I get something from "Rite Aide?"

I tripped over something I thought might be useful to someone else. Guess with all your posts, you are just to superior accept that!!
Dude!
Calm down! lol!
I was just basically asking for some pics of your phones screen to see what your results looked like. I was pretty sure others would ask for the same. I don't appreciate you calling me names but I guess you were in a foul mood.
If it worked for you then I'm glad but I'm sure others would probably like to see results before they start spraying something on thier devices.
My apologies if I offended you.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yea I don't see what's wrong with asking for pictures... even though you might not see something, other people might notice something here or there...don't be so rude about it and you're asking for thanks? that's a no-no...when you ask for thanks, it makes people do the opposite...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Lol I was about to ask for pics of the phone aswell guess thats a bad idea : / nice idea though thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories

Tags
screen protector, tips, tricks